competition for garmin

drmax

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
drmax
With my kln89b having lost 2 (seperated) lines of the display, I'm in hopes that someone will have something to offer for us experimental type (or otherwise) in a lower cost arena. I spoke with a chap at aircraft spruce and the ksn770 may be a good choice, as they may (have yet to hear) to the 89B back for somewhat of a trade-in for their newer unit. I still can't go the 10K bench mark. Maybe one day someone will off something for 5K. Anyway, thought I share that trade-in info with ya's. Thx, DM

Is the KNS-770 actually available? At this point I'd think a used 430W will be the best deal. Honeywell/BK IMO is still to flakey in the GA market to trust with that size of investment.

Is the KNS-770 actually available? At this point I'd think a used 430W will be the best deal. Honeywell/BK IMO is still to flakey in the GA market to trust with that size of investment.

I went full-Dynon on my experimental, but included a G430W for the all-important certified WAAS receiver for both IFR and ADSB. Dynon gives you fully-coupled autopilot function down to the runway if you have a certified receiver, very nice in the experimental category.

Back