Common Smithsonian

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
Took my kid to Smithsonian Airspace museum. Bought him a toy Apache helicopter at the gift shop. Notice anything?

Attachments

• C3D9C664-A6B5-4390-8EB6-27EAEDC3C59B.jpeg
    C3D9C664-A6B5-4390-8EB6-27EAEDC3C59B.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 187
Look on the bottom for the words, "made in China" ...

Look on the bottom for the words, "made in China" ...

of course it’s made in china, but that’s not an excuse for national airspace museum to order/sell it like that

of course it’s made in china, but that’s not an excuse for national airspace museum to order/sell it like that

I was being a bit facetious but it steams me a little when so much of our memorabilia concerning our military is not stamped with "Made in USA" on it.

Doesn’t have a Navy sticker.

Took my kid to Smithsonian Airspace museum. Bought him a toy Apache helicopter at the gift shop. Notice anything?

Did they have upside down wedding cakes in this gift shop?

Doesn’t have a Navy sticker.
It’s sort of funny Air Force never had an interest but the Navy had two that they tested and ended up in my Unit. Task loading exceeded their Pilot requirements for operation and they punted keeping simpler Cobras for the Marines. I called them the blue light specials as the interior night lights were blue required for whatever by the Navy and not red like the Army…some other small changes and were heavier with extra corrosion protection. Also non folding blades were problematic but they will fit on an elevator of a LHA if you rotate blades a little during operation. One of the few that have flown a 64 off a Navy Ship.

It’s missing landing gear and tires?
It should have a four bladed rotor?
Black colored helicopters are unmarked and used for domestic spying?

Back