common carriage and private carriage

eng4ksa

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
eng4ksa
Hi,

I have been read a lot about the common carriage and private carriage and I'm still confused about them. Can anyone explain to me what are those, what are the differences between them? And if you can give an example for each one of them, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Hi,

I have been read a lot about the common carriage and private carriage and I'm still confused about them. Can anyone explain to me what are those, what are the differences between them? And if you can give an example for each one of them, I would appreciate it. Thanks
What have you been reading and how are you confused? The terms predate aviation. Common carriage refers to the practice of a person or organization making itself available to the general public to transport people or goods. Private carriage does not make itself available to the general public. Greyhound: common carriage. Heavy Metal Band Tour bus: private carriage.

What have you been reading and how are you confused? The terms predate aviation. Common carriage refers to the practice of a person or organization making itself available to the general public to transport people or goods. Private carriage does not make itself available to the general public. Greyhound: common carriage. Heavy Metal Band Tour bus: private carriage.
Yeah but what if my uncle's third cousin by marriage on my mother's side....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not exactly. Just about any member of the public with a credit card with a high enough limit could charter Everskyward's plane to transport them. They are not a common carrier. Common carriage includes scheduled transport when used in this sense.

Not exactly. Just about any member of the public with a credit card with a high enough limit could charter Everskyward's plane to transport them. They are not a common carrier. Common carriage includes scheduled transport when used in this sense.

They could if Everskyward held a Part 135 certificate. Anyone with a credit card can hire a taxi (air, water, or land), but hiring the vessel with a driver makes it common carriage.

If you rented Everskywards plane and then hired a pilot not associated with Everskyward, you have common carriage.

They could if old Eveeskyward held a Part 135 certificate. Anyone with a credit card can hire a taxi (air, water, or land), but hiring the vessel with a driver makes it common carriage.

If you rented Everskywards plane and then hired a pilot not associated with Everskyward, you have common carriage.
Don't let facts get in your way.

Driving down the highway you might notice "Not For Hire" placards on private busses and trucks so there is no mistake they air private carriage.
Which means nothing in this context.

1. Everskyward is a pilot for a part 135 operation

2. We have been discussing common carriers, e.g. Airlines

3. Common carriers have scheduled service as part of the operation. This is the important part since just about anyone can purchase a ticket.

4. Sober up a bit before posting anything more. Your ethanol interlock has failed.

Which means nothing in this context.

1. Everskyward is a pilot for a part 135 operation

2. We have been discussing common carriers, e.g. Airlines

3. Common carriers have scheduled service as part of the operation. This is the important part since just about anyone can purchase a ticket.

4. Sober up a bit before posting anything more. Your ethanol interlock has failed.

Not according to the FAA.
https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC 120-12A.pdf

"In summary, persons intending to conduct only private operations in support of other business should look cautiously at any proposal for revenue- generating flights which most likely would require certification as an air carrier."

Last edited:
Back