Committed premeditated aviation today

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Never had a harvest with this long a stretch of dry, clear weather. After 3 weeks of long days, my wife wanted to go to her cousin's baby shower, and I was ready for a break, so we took the day off.

Of course it was blowing 19g26, split right began our perpendicular runways. In my plane I'd feel okay about flying in this, but it's still in the shop, so it was the Cessna. I went anyway. I'm not sure if 3 weeks is the longest I've gone without flying, but it's close. It was fun. The landings were challenging, but I didn't bend anything.

I took the boy as he got left behind when all the girls went to the party. Let him "fly" it a bit. He ate it up. I think he might be the only kid to get the bug. We'll see. As much as I hate the 172, the visibility and it's low & slow nature does make it good for sightseeing and getting the kids more interested. I like cruising above the clouds, but they want to see the ground.

IMG_20221022_134031501_HDR.jpg

We finished harvest today. I don’t think the combine had a drop of water on it since we started. I don’t think that’s ever happened in the 30 years I’ve been farming. Need some rain bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy birthday to the wife. Your kid writes better than I do. Its how I know I was supposed to be a doctor.

Never had a harvest with this long a stretch of dry, clear weather. After 3 weeks of long days, my wife wanted to go to her cousin's baby shower, and I was ready for a break, so we took the day off.

Of course it was blowing 19g26, split right began our perpendicular runways. In my plane I'd feel okay about flying in this, but it's still in the shop, so it was the Cessna. I went anyway. I'm not sure if 3 weeks is the longest I've gone without flying, but it's close. It was fun. The landings were challenging, but I didn't bend anything.

I took the boy as he got left behind when all the girls went to the party. Let him "fly" it a bit. He ate it up. I think he might be the only kid to get the bug. We'll see. As much as I hate the 172, the visibility and it's low & slow nature does make it good for sightseeing and getting the kids more interested. I like cruising above the clouds, but they want to see the ground.

View attachment 111630
Cool. Do we see maybe like a C206 in your future?

Happy birthday to the wife. Your kid writes better than I do. Its how I know I was supposed to be a doctor.

Can you write a prescription for me? Asking for a friend. Um, yeah.

Back