Commercial Written - Which Ground School ?

I used Sheppard Air and The King Series for the commercial, and actually had to buy a new Sporty's E6B because my ancient one somehow ended up with a cracked screen. Was all good enough to score in the 90's on the commercial written in mind January. Now to find a local CFI and start on the dual training!

I have used Gleim for my IR and Commercial written. Exam endorsement is generated by the tool.

There is some memorization, and there is some academics. I combine it with the Jeppesen Instrument Commercial textbook, FAR/AIM and other books.

What I like about the online quizzes, is that once you have answered a certain number of questions, you can see precisely where you need to study more. E.g. I was really struggling with longitudinal vs lateral - only because the questions are worded tricky. So spending some focused time on that helped a lot, and the Gleim tool helped me identify that was a key weakness.

had to buy a new Sporty's E6B because my ancient one somehow ended up with a cracked screen
That reminds me.... I got an older Sporty's E6B in my "aviation closet" at home. And for some reason I think it belongs to Kat.

Returning it to you guys sounds like a good reason for the three of us to link up for a hangar flying session.

I used Gleim for my Commercial and in hindsight, should of used Sheppard Air. In full disclosure, I scored 87 and came away disappointed with myself. I have the areas I was weak in and will bone up before my oral/check ride which should be in a couple weeks. I fully expect to get special attention of the unwanted kind from the DPE during the oral phase. Such is the way it goes.

Last edited:
Back