Commercial Written Exam

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
Passed it today. 93% When I did my private written I recognized almost every question......I only recognized 3 on the commercial. Used the King schools for both so not sure what the difference is because both were taken after the ACS changes.

King advertises that, if you know the material the exact question doesn't matter.

King advertises that, if you know the material the exact question doesn't matter.

Ya there was a few questions/subjects I had never seen before but most of it wasn't too bad, just not as easy as I thought it would be after how similar the private was to the test prep.

Working through the King commercial. Could almost make a drinking game counting the times John's bald spot grows and shrinks.

Ya there was a few questions/subjects I had never seen before but most of it wasn't too bad, just not as easy as I thought it would be after how similar the private was to the test prep.

Well it should be a little harder, you're testing to be a professional pilot, responsible for flying the general public.

Well it should be a little harder, you're testing to be a professional pilot, responsible for flying the general public.

What I meant was I think they covered the information for the PPL a little more thoroughly than they do in the commercial. Maybe I just didn't study hard enough!

What I meant was I think they covered the information for the PPL a little more thoroughly than they do in the commercial. Maybe I just didn't study hard enough!

You got a 93 dude, think ya got your bang for your buck ;)

Nice I’m taking the king course right now for commercial...will likely take the written this summer!

Nice I’m taking the king course right now for commercial...will likely take the written this summer!

Good luck!! One thing that will help is if you get the test supplement book so you have a better version of the illustrations you can follow along with as the Kings images are real fuzzy and hard to read, for sure the nav instruments like the HSI's.

Good luck!! One thing that will help is if you get the test supplement book so you have a better version of the illustrations you can follow along with as the Kings images are real fuzzy and hard to read, for sure the nav instruments like the HSI's.
@CC268 FYI, the PDF is available to download from the FAA site.

Just a FYI, if you're looking to be a professional pilot you will live by the HSI, I couldn't imagine going IMC with a DG and a VOR style nav head

Just a FYI, if you're looking to be a professional pilot you will live by the HSI, I couldn't imagine going IMC with a DG and a VOR style nav head

Meh, as long as the DG has a heading bug then I can live with that setup in IMC.

Back