Commercial time building

KyleT

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
1kilotango
How did you fill the time between instrument and commercial? Besides the required instruction. SEL.

Writing checks. Towing gliders is the only free thing to do. I went and flew boring XCs solo. If you can swing it and aren't in a rush go fun places with friends.

Charity flights. Pilot n Paws Angel Flight

REALLY good food destinations. Of of our club member got hungry for really good Gulf Shrimp and flew from Denton, Tx to Destin Fl

There is a whole country to explore...go on a an adventure somewhere!

I did time building with another guy at the flight school who also needed time for his commercial.

How did you fill the time between instrument and commercial? Besides the required instruction. SEL.

Went flying across the country and back in an ArrowII, bought a Travelair, got my multi, flew a bunch.

Go buy a sleeping bag and have the adventure of your lifetime.

Went flying across the country and back in an ArrowII, bought a Travelair, got my multi, flew a bunch.

Your making me nervous ,Henning,I did basically the same thing,owned an arrow,then bought a travel air. Went all the way to my ATP on my own money. Now I have a two seat airplane that I truly enjoy ,as I am retired.

There is a whole country to explore...go on a an adventure somewhere!

Exactly!!

And don't be afraid of the backcountry, lots of fun to be had off pavement.

Beaches and remote grass strips are fun!

Gliders and floatplanes are a good way to log a few hours too.

If I were you, there was a story of these big concreat arrows across the country that the first mail pilots used for navigation, Id love to try to navigate/and try to find all the ones which are left, replicating one of those first early flights, have to be in a 7AC, or lus, J3 etc.

http://wchsutah.org/aviation/navigation-arrows.php

navigation-arrows9.jpg

navigation-arrows7.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen some of the arrows out here in New Mexico. The airport in Grants, NM has a complete station available for tours.

They are hard to see. As seen in the picture James provided, most are the color of the surrounding ground now.

Back