Commercial Rating Training Courses

Bravo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bravo
Who offers courses with online videos and such like king schools? I used sportys for my private and instrument but they don't offer a similar course for the commercial rating. The only other one I could find was by king schools. Just wanted to see if anyone knows of any other good alternatives before ordering.

As Ron said, Jepp is probably your only other big option, but their stuff is even dryer than the king videos.

Jepp is incredibly boring. They've taken the book, posted pages from the book, the guy reads exactly what's on the screen, then adds trivial animations. Plus the LMS (learning mgt software) is third party, cloud based and somewhat flakey. There is nothing original in the online course that isn't in the book. At least not in the instrument course.

Not sure you really need it.

Just get dauntless or sheppard for the written prep, you really don't need to study for the oral, just what can and can't you do as a CPL, the rest is stuff you should know as a PPL.

Just review your PPL stuff and read the FAR (ain't that much to read) on what you can and can't do for hire.

Get a copy of the gliem book,worked well for me.

Thanks guys. I am not big on reading books to learn so I guess I'll be going the king route. Anyone done their commercial pilot course?

gleim to score well on the tests. faa publications and jepp book for theory. pts for the maeuvers. imho ground school or time is unnecessary for a cpl.

I didn't use any course my Commercial. It was a very easy ride. Focus on the stuff you learned from private and read up about what can and can not do as a commercial pilot.

Back