Commercial Pilot Training at GATTS (KMHK)

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Many of my friends here know I am moving toward a professional pilot career. Commercial Pilot rating is up next, then CFI training in January/February. Plus the ground instructor ratings along the way.

Next week I am going to General Aviation Training & Testing Service (GATTS) in Manhattan, KS. for the Commercial Pilot flight training and checkride. Many online friends have expressed curiosity about the facility and what they offer. I will do my best to share my experience with occasional postings to social media throughout each day to Twitter and/or Instagram. If you wish to follow, become a follower on one or more of these channels:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AggieMike88
Twitter: @MFarlow88
Instagram: @mike.farlow88

You doing an accelerated CFI? That’s quite a short timeline! Good luck!

Are you doing your CFI at GATTS too? I might need a PIREP if so. Considering doing my CFI around the same time.

No... Accelerated CPL.

CFI-A is not offered by them. However CFI-I is.

upload_2018-12-12_16-22-31.png

I will be using their aircraft (Cessna 172 Retract)

Other big driver to using them is DPE availability. When I put down my deposit and got the training day confirmation, they also put me on the Examiner's schedule for the checkride.

Down around DFW, we are experiencing a significant shortage of examiners. Soooo many airmen and women ready for their practical examinations, too few Examiners. Well known it's as long as 8 weeks before your day with the examiner can happen.

Are you doing your CFI at GATTS too? I might need a PIREP if so. Considering doing my CFI around the same time.

No I’m not actually sure where I’m gonna do my CFI yet.

Good luck. I almost did mine there but schedule did not work out. All the info I found was positive.

Back