Commercial multi or single first

Topper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topper
I know this has been asked and answered many times, but is usually centered around costs, needing multi hours, etc.

I my case, I think I meet the required experience in both single and multi, I may be shy a few night landings/takeoffs at night at towered fields in both, but that is not a big deal.

So I don't necessarily need to build multi hours, I have both planes and my goal is to get both ratings. Any reason to get the rating in one and add on the other if costs and building hours are not a big part of the decision? Is it common to get the rating in one and jump in the other and get it during the same checkride?

Any reason to get the rating in one and add on the other if costs and building hours are not a big part of the decision? Is it common to get the rating in one and jump in the other and get it during the same checkride?

Probably no real difference. Probably won't find a DPE who'll do it as a single checkride, but could schedule two back to back with some, including double fees. Maybe they'd do a discount for filling the whole day.

I did multi commercial first. The single was an add on and we had to work to make the check ride last more than 30 minutes.

Back