Commercial Help Wanted

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
My commercial pilot certificate says "Private privileges airplane single engine land instument airplane." That's a limitation I want to get rid of. I've passed the commercial written and have all the aeronautical experience requirements met. I have no doubt I can pass an oral. However, I am NOT ready for the flight portion of the practical test. Is there someone experienced in teaching the commercial manoevers (chandelles, lazy eight, turns on pylons) that would be willing to fly with me Saturday?

My commercial pilot certificate says. . .
That's a winning attitude! (or a Fruedian slip :D )

If no one will fly with you, go solo and do each maneuver. Memorize the PTS requirements and be hard on yourself. Practice practice practice.

My commercial pilot certificate says "Private privileges airplane single engine land instument airplane." That's a limitation I want to get rid of. I've passed the commercial written and have all the aeronautical experience requirements met. I have no doubt I can pass an oral. However, I am NOT ready for the flight portion of the practical test. Is there someone experienced in teaching the commercial manoevers (chandelles, lazy eight, turns on pylons) that would be willing to fly with me Saturday?

Lance, how did you get a CPL with PPL limitations??

Troy,

I think it's his way of jokingly saying his certificate IS only a PPL, when it's supposed to be a CPL. Hehe.

Or maybe I'm just slow...

Lance, if you are at Gastons, I'll fly with ya, even log is as instruction for ya.

ill also fly with you at gastons if you so desire. never flown a mooney but heck it cant be that hard right ;)

Troy - I think Lance has a Commercial - Glider, Private -ASEL/IA certificate.

Tony's got it right. I wouldn't lie to you guys. Geez, the Commerical glider certificate is so underrated.
My idea with this post was to do this flying on Saturday at Gastons. Looks like it may happen.:D

Last edited:
Good thing you have a complex airplane, because you'll need it for the practical test since you've never demonstrated complex proficiency at the Commercial level. Unfortunately, I will be working that weekend and won't be at Gaston's or I'd be happy to fly with you.

you've never demonstrated complex proficiency at the Commercial level. quote]
and he's never even flown with me:D

Ron, Very sorry you won't be at GIV. It won't be the same without you!

Lance, if you would like some dual from someone who both passed the ASEL commercial in a Mooney and passed the initial CFI (domonstrating commercial manuevers) in a Mooney I'll be happy to volunteer. OTOH, I will admit that I haven't flown them in a month or two.

My only requirement is that we do this early, as in O'dark-thirty would be good; done and back home by sunrise would be even better. I hate humidity, I hate heat, and I hate combinations of the two even more.:)

oh yea i forgot ed was going to be there. he is sort of a mooney expert i suppose. that said, ill deal with heat and humidity for a little right seat in a mooney. so the only question now is - does Lance like to wake up early :)

All this could be a great help to me; I need plenty of it. If the heat/humidity is not too oppressive, I'd love to fly with Tony and/or Ed F Saturday. And then up real early Sunday with Ed G. Doable?

...now all we need is a DPE to show up.

Oooh, good plan. I'm a quick learner :D

Lance, I'd be happy to help you out as well. See you Saturday. And EdFred. 1000 hours in M20Fs and Js :)-)).

oh yea forgot that Bruce was a mooney wizard too. im just the poor guy in the corner begging to go with, as I am a mooney virgin and have always wanted to fly an airplane with a forward swept tail. Just looks fast sitting still

I am a mooney virgin and have always wanted to fly an airplane with a forward swept tail. Just looks fast sitting still

Better check that tail again or everyone will know your Mooney virgin status. The leading edge is vertical, not forward swept.:D

My only requirement is that we do this early, as in O'dark-thirty would be good; done and back home by sunrise would be even better. I hate humidity, I hate heat, and I hate combinations of the two even more.:)
I hereby volunteer my portable air conditioner to the effort, if needed.

Ken, I accept. Thanks. I want to be cool and compfortable as I botch these commercial manoevers.
And BTW the vertical angle of the vertical stabilizer leading edge is actually variable. When you trim, the whole empennage rotates forward and back. (but I can't tilt it as far back as a P***r or C****a.)

Ken, I accept. Thanks. I want to be cool and compfortable as I botch these commercial manoevers.
And BTW the vertical angle of the vertical stabilizer leading edge is actually variable. When you trim, the whole empennage rotates forward and back. (but I can't tilt it as far back as a P***r or C****a.)

True, but it seems I've never seen one sitting on the ramp with the leading edge leaning forward. What exactly is the trim range anyway?

BTW, the only reason I mentioned the issue is that there is such a strong illusion created by the trailing edge that many folks will swear the whole thing is really tilted forward.

i was only referring to the trailing edge. i love the way it looks

All this could be a great help to me; I need plenty of it. If the heat/humidity is not too oppressive, I'd love to fly with Tony and/or Ed F Saturday. And then up real early Sunday with Ed G. Doable?
Lance, very early Sunday morning should work. I need to be out of there Sunday morning before the heat starts--I'm bringing two other adult size people which will make the Mooney will be heavy for the departure. Another option if your schedule allows is earlier in the week. I'll be around each evening starting Wednesday.

Lance, very early Sunday morning should work. I need to be out of there Sunday morning before the heat starts--I'm bringing two other adult size people which will make the Mooney will be heavy for the departure. Another option if your schedule allows is earlier in the week. I'll be around each evening starting Wednesday.

Ed you may have other reasons for leaving early Sunday, but I'll bet Lance could ferry one pax to BPK (where you might want to fuel up anyway).

Ed you may have other reasons for leaving early Sunday, but I'll bet Lance could ferry one pax to BPK (where you might want to fuel up anyway).
That's certainly doable.

Are you saying that some of my best friends fly crap? :rofl: :rofl:

Back