Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
She a nice, no?

DCP_0330.JPG

Richard said:
She a nice, no?

Nice Hangar!! WoW look at that floor shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
NC19143 said:
Nice Hangar!! WoW look at that floor shine.

Tom, I woulda' thunk you'd be the last person to say such a thing. Surely you have worked on such floors.

Can't talk. Looking.

As best said by the seagulls in "Finding Nemo"

Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!? Mine!?

Very, very pretty and shiny and sleek. Must be a blast to fly. :)

Richard said:
Tom, I woulda' thunk you'd be the last person to say such a thing. Surely you have worked on such floors.

Some day I'll post a picture of my hangar, it has NEVER looked that good.

A short hangar cleaning story from days gone bye.

About 1962-3 the easiest method of getting the old D-120 oil off the new hangar deck at NAF Andrews was to allow about 5 gal of 115/145 to leak out of a T-28, and then swish it around, then squeegy the whole mess down the drain and use detergent and water to chase it down before the Chief saw what you were doing.

This went on for several months, then one very calm August night some guy threw a cig butt into the ramp drainage ditch.

Fortunately I was no were to be found. When the circus followed, a lot of folks were standing around wondering what happened.

Jeff Oslick said:
I noticed that too... but didn't want to interrupt the drool-fest :D .

That's OK as long as you don't take it to California.

Frank Browne said:
Be still my beating heart! :D :yes:

Any
idea what that set of polished wheel pants are worth?

I'm resurrecting this one because it's almost about to fall off the archives. And it's too nice for that to happen.

Num, num, num, num, num...........

:ihih:

You ba$tard!!!!!:D:D

Sweet rig. How bout some interior shots?

You can have it. My arms hurt just looking at all that polishing. Still, gorgeous aircraft.

You can have it. My arms hurt just looking at all that polishing. Still, gorgeous aircraft.

Female college freshman in bikinis will do wonders for free booze.

allow about 5 gal of 115/145 to leak out of a T-28, and then swish it around, then squeegy the whole mess down the drain and use detergent and water to chase it down

No environmental issues there.

The match took care of it. :D

Now that's a Cessna... lotsa raw metal and a tailwheel. :smile:

I, too, would like to see some panel/interior shots.

24 April
Blanding, UT

Cessna 180
Reg: N180XP
Aircraft experienced the collapse of a main landing gear strut during the landing roll
2 Uninjured
During the landing roll the airplane suddenly jerked sideways and departed the side of the runway. After encountering soft terrain off the side of the runway, one of the airplane's main landing gear legs fractured, and the side of the fuselage collided with the terrain. After the accident, the pilot looked over the airplane and found that the tail wheel pivot assembly casting had fractured.
:sad:

What I don't see answered here (excuse my ignorance) is if this is YOUR plane, or one you found or took a picture of.

I'll drool while awaiting your reply, cuz she's a beauty.

24 April
Blanding, UT

Cessna 180
Reg: N180XP
Aircraft experienced the collapse of a main landing gear strut during the landing roll
2 Uninjured
During the landing roll the airplane suddenly jerked sideways and departed the side of the runway. After encountering soft terrain off the side of the runway, one of the airplane's main landing gear legs fractured, and the side of the fuselage collided with the terrain. After the accident, the pilot looked over the airplane and found that the tail wheel pivot assembly casting had fractured.
:sad:

Oh no! That really sucks...

Back