Commander 112's-115's

Personally I don't see the difference between saying one airplane is for fat people and the other airplane is for gay people. Both are pretty much equally uncalled for. How about we play nice?

But which plane is best for Hitler supporters?

(Just keeping with Godwin's Law) :D

Personally I don't see the difference between saying one airplane is for fat people and the other airplane is for gay people. Both are pretty much equally uncalled for. How about we play nice?

Fat people who want to fly have more limited options as to which aircraft they can comfotable fit in. Manufacturers would be idiots not to market aircraft towards them. If Commander is doing this, it's just smart buisiness.

If gay people could be shown to have a preference towards certian aircraft, that manufacturer would be an idiot to not market towards them. If ther did, their planes would be FABULOUS!!! :D

What is the best plane for fat, gay, Nazis ?

There...now maybe we can get back to how Mooneys are great for anorexics. :)

The M20F that I used to fly was (and still is) co-owned by a friend of mine who's 6'6" and about Ed's build. He fit in it just fine. However, the F is the "wide-body" Mooney, which significantly improved space over the C model. Of course, that same pilot also fit fine in the M20C.

Commanders? Never flown one. I like going fast, so I wouldn't want one. But like everything else, it's about preference.

The M20F that I used to fly was (and still is) co-owned by a friend of mine who's 6'6" and about Ed's build. He fit in it just fine. However, the F is the "wide-body" Mooney, which significantly improved space over the C model. Of course, that same pilot also fit fine in the M20C.

Commanders? Never flown one. I like going fast, so I wouldn't want one. But like everything else, it's about preference.

My Commander 115 (normal aspiration) was 150+ kt airplane, about the same as a Mooney F or J model. I was burning 4 - 5 more g/h to get it but you didn't say anything about economical, just fast. What that fuel burn bought me was the most comfortable cabin in the single engine piston universe which is how I managed to put 450 hours on it in the first year (wife liked it).

My experience with the J model Mooney is like another poster here - any time I was safety pilot for my bud I'd spend the flight with my arm around the back of his seat. We're a couple of 180 lb guys.

My Commander 115 (normal aspiration) was 150+ kt airplane, about the same as a Mooney F or J model. I was burning 4 - 5 more g/h to get it but you didn't say anything about economical, just fast. What that fuel burn bought me was the most comfortable cabin in the single engine piston universe which is how I managed to put 450 hours on it in the first year (wife liked it).

My experience with the J model Mooney is like another poster here - any time I was safety pilot for my bud I'd spend the flight with my arm around the back of his seat. We're a couple of 180 lb guys.

So it would seem that a 6'3" 250lb'er and a 6'1" 220lb'er both with perty broad shoulders probably wouldn't be too comfortable for too long? Even in a F model?

What is the best plane for fat, gay, Nazis ?

The one that Herman Goering flew!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh wait, I forgot to add heroin addicted cross-dresser, fat, gay, nazi.

His buddy, Ernst Udet was a decent guy from what I've heard.

So it would seem that a 6'3" 250lb'er and a 6'1" 220lb'er both with perty broad shoulders probably wouldn't be too comfortable for too long? Even in a F model?

I would think those guys would be uncomfortable. The newer Ovations have impressions in the sides that allow for a bit more elbow room but they're still narrow planes. Same though is true for Bonanzas as well but they can throw the family in the back and leave the whole front row for pilot stuff.

I have been renting a 114 to work on my commercial rating and what others have said about the size of the cockpit is very true. It makes for a much more comfortable ride compared to my 172.

Which is obvious, given your choice of airplane.

:D:D:D

Hey, if I'm burning more than 10 gph, I better be going more than 150 kts or be able to haul anything that fits in the door... and I want to fit a house through the door. ;)

Back