Coming To Texas

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Dave, Spike, Bill--I'll be in Dallas 2 March to 5 March. I am arriving at DFW at 2:00 PM and no one can get me until 6:00, so I thought we might meet somewhere. Where are you guys based?

wangmyers said:
Dave, Spike, Bill--I'll be in Dallas 2 March to 5 March. I am arriving at DFW at 2:00 PM and no one can get me until 6:00, so I thought we might meet somewhere. Where are you guys based?

San Antonio. I'd need to fly up (which is not normally a big deal).

Ben:

I'm at Addison; Spike is near me. Don't know what is up on those dates yet, but I'd love to get together if I'm free. I'm about 30 to 40 minutes from D/FW depending on traffic.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Ben:

I'm at Addison; Spike is near me. Don't know what is up on those dates yet, but I'd love to get together if I'm free. I'm about 30 to 40 minutes from D/FW depending on traffic.

Dave
I know where Addison is. I've flown out of there before. If you have time, I could take a cab from DFW to Addison and meet you there. Someone from my family could pick me up at 6:00 or so.

That'd be cool.

Ben, you're giving plenty of warning (that's good), and I was about to say I'd give you a ride from the AAirport, but I have a trade group meeting I run first Thursday of each month. But other than that, I know of no reason why we can't get something together sometime that weekend.

Big weekend, too; you're arriving on the most important date in US history, Texas Independence Day, and on Saturday, my son Tomster the Monster turns 11 (my brother-in-law, God keep him, said Tommy "...marched forth on March fourth").

I just checked the club scheduling site, planes are wide open (right now).

Are you family-ing, or performing?

wangmyers said:
Oooh. That is a bit far.

Depending on what's going on in my world (and whether I find a job...), hopping up there is not a big deal. Really.

I'll want to do an IPC next week since I'm pushing the limits of currency....

wsuffa said:
Depending on what's going on in my world (and whether I find a job...), hopping up there is not a big deal. Really.

I'll want to do an IPC next week since I'm pushing the limits of currency....

If I had a plane as nice as yours, I'd say that too, Bill.

And Ben, he has done it before!

SCCutler said:
Are you family-ing, or performing?
I'm visiting family this time. I will probably fly one day out to Jefferson.

SCCutler said:
If I had a plane as nice as yours, I'd say that too, Bill.

And Ben, he has done it before!
LOL. He has done what? Push the limits of currency? Just kidding--I'm sure that you guys consider a one-dot deviation way out of currency! :p

wangmyers said:
LOL. He has done what? Push the limits of currency? Just kidding--I'm sure that you guys consider a one-dot deviation way out of currency! :p

Nah, I try and do 6-month IPCs. It's been 7.

One dot? The autopilot will keep it tighter than that, especially on a GPS approach.

wangmyers said:
Nope, I am guessing you set the standard for instrument precision, whether the instrument be in the panel of the aircraft, or stringed, strung and bowed.

What I meant was, Bill has been known to hop into his exceptional 112 Turbo and fly to Dallas (in solid IMC) to visit for an afternoon.

SCCutler said:
Nope, I am guessing you set the standard for instrument precision, whether the instrument be in the panel of the aircraft, or stringed, strung and bowed.

What I meant was, Bill has been known to hop into his exceptional 112 Turbo and fly to Dallas (in solid IMC) to visit for an afternoon.
That is cool. It is also another benefit of owning your own airplane.

Let's chat as the time gets nearer. No problem fetching you from D/FW and bring you up to the Addison area, that is, if I'm not somewhere on the west coast trying to find Henning :D

Very cool. And I have no problem just meeting you at Addison.:D

Back