kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
Hi, all,

I'm about to book some plane tickets. If I were to fly into Kansas City (MCI) from Anchorage either Friday evening or Saturday morning, would some gracious soul be willing to pick me up there and bring me to Gaston's?

I would also need a ride back to Kansas on Sunday sometime. The destination would be Council Grove, which has a 1400' grass strip
(K63) -- longer paved alternatives include Emporia or Manhattan. (It need not be the same gracious soul.)

I also need a floor to sleep on Saturday night. Where was that "have a room, need a room" web site again?

Later that week, I'll be attempting to make my way cross-country from Council Grove to Lexington KY and onward to State College PA, if anyone is bored the weekend after Gaston's and wants to share some air time by giving me a lift. I'll also be heading from State College to Newark, DE on June 25 also. This is going to be quite a trip. Five states in 20 days! :goofy:

OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED...

(Kent, is that offer still open?)

--Kath

P.S. I need an IPC. If any of y'all are CFII's, I'd love to combine a "lift" with some dual.
(Hmmm.... need tailwheel training too...;))

P.P.S. Wrong thread, but Rudy maybe I can bring some king crab. Or salmon or halibut...

--Kath

kath said:
I also need a floor to sleep on Saturday night. Where was that "have a room, need a room" web site again?
Kath, we may have a bedroom available, or at least a cot (or couch) in the living room, depending on what people find out in the meantime. Kaye was looking for a roommate last time I saw a post from her, so you might check with her, too.

Here is the Gaston's site:

http://www.gastonsflyin.com

Diana said:
Kath, we may have a bedroom available, or at least a cot (or couch) in the living room, depending on what people find out in the meantime. Kaye was looking for a roommate last time I saw a post from her, so you might check with her, too.

Here is the Gaston's site:

http://www.gastonsflyin.com
Kath, I hope I'm not too late. I can accomodate you at STL (though not MKC, on Sat AM and on Sunday afternoon) pickup and drop off at Elliott Beech on the field at STL. It looks like Ken Ibold will be there, too. And we have a big living room if all else fails.

Book STL!

Last edited:
kath said:
(Kent, is that offer still open?)

Kath,

You bet! That'll also give me a good excuse to tank up on the $3.02 100LL at MO8. :yes: (Just flew to KC yesterday, back today and did the same.)

You want a ride straight from MCI?

flyingcheesehead said:
You bet! That'll also give me a good excuse to tank up on the $3.02 100LL at MO8. :yes: (Just flew to KC yesterday, back today and did the same.)

You want a ride straight from MCI?

Kent you rock! You get first dibs on the Alaska crab legs!

I'll arrive at MCI at around 8:50am on Saturday (on Delta Airlines). I'll email you details... I'm guessing there will be a bit of a hike to get from Gate 78 to the GA terminal, wherever that is.

--Kath

bbchien said:
Kath, I hope I'm not too late. I can accomodate you at STL (though not MKC, on Sat AM and on Sunday afternoon) pickup and drop off at Elliott Beech on the field at STL. It looks like Ken Ibold will be there, too. And we have a big living room if all else fails.

Book STL!

Hey Doc, mind if we take up some floor space? Two of us are coming and will be bartering for floor space :D

kevin47881 said:
Hey Doc, mind if we take up some floor space? Two of us are coming and will be bartering for floor space :D
I'll more than likely have a bedroom available for Friday and Saturday nights. I'm waiting to hear back from a few people.

kath said:
I'll arrive at MCI at around 8:50am on Saturday

Friday... Friday... I'm goin' on Friday! Can you make it Friday? (Or is anyone else going down on Saturday?) If you can't make it Friday and nobody's coming that way Saturday, I'll just jump back up there on Saturday anyway.

Where do you want to go after Gaston's?

Looks like a good hike. Gate 78 appears to be as far from the GA ramp as you can get in the terminal.

http://www.flykci.com/terminal_maps.cfm

A call to Executive Beech may be in order to arrange for a van shuttle.

http://www.executivebeechcraft.com/

kath said:
Kent you rock! You get first dibs on the Alaska crab legs!

I'll arrive at MCI at around 8:50am on Saturday (on Delta Airlines). I'll email you details... I'm guessing there will be a bit of a hike to get from Gate 78 to the GA terminal, wherever that is.

--Kath

kevin47881 said:
The room actually belongs to Ibold but I'm sure nobody will have to be outside.....:)

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:
Friday... Friday... I'm goin' on Friday! Can you make it Friday? (Or is anyone else going down on Saturday?) If you can't make it Friday and nobody's coming that way Saturday, I'll just jump back up there on Saturday anyway.

Where do you want to go after Gaston's?

I'm planning to come down Saturday AM and MCI is almost right on the way so I could pick Kath up if that would help.

lancefisher said:
I'm planning to come down Saturday AM and MCI is almost right on the way so I could pick Kath up if that would help.
Lance, are you bringing Scott and his family too?

Diana said:
Lance, are you bringing Scott and his family too?

I think so, but at one point Scott was talking about taking his own plane. I'd better get in touch with him and figure it out soon. Either way, I can fit 6 in the plane so there should still be room for Kath if she needs it.

kath said:
I'm guessing there will be a bit of a hike to get from Gate 78 to the GA terminal, wherever that is.

--Kath

Call Exec Beech. They will give you a ride. Sorry, I don't know the number.

You REALLY don't want to walk it.

Greg Bockelman said:
Call Exec Beech. They will give you a ride. Sorry, I don't know the number.

You REALLY don't want to walk it.
816-243-6440

Back