Coming Back to Aviation

Alex G. Francisco

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AirplaneBoy305
My name is Alex, I feel fortunate to have discovered a forum dedicated to general aviation. I began flying at 20 years old and earned my private pilot certificate. I continued during college but ran out of money half way through my instrument rating. I can also say I wanted to test different avenues during my 20's to see which one resonated best with me.

Now that I finally have a career that I kind of like, I want to invest my time and money in aviation and bring my childhood passion back to life as cheesy as that may sound. Besides flying airplanes, I also love building R/C Airplane models and finishing little aviation projects. I have always felt a fascination for airplanes and the science of flying.

I plan to come back to flight school within the next few months. Until then I'm organizing my study materials and sticking to my study schedule. I have all the 2017 study materials ready. Today I bought 10 folders for the separate subject areas. Navigation, Weather, AIM etc. I want to come back to flight school with a strong knowledge base.

I don't really have a goal, just a vision of flying to different airports and enjoying the privileged of general aviation. I don't care if I'm flying a Skyhawk or a Boeing 737, I enjoy the journey and challenge every rating brings.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Alex. Your story is not that uncommon.
Head to the airport, grab a CFI, and go flying. And good job getting started on the studying as well. No reason not to do them together.

bring my childhood passion back to life as cheesy as that may sound.

Not cheesy at all. You'll find we are all passionate around here; aviation is a calling. I got over feeling cheesy a while back, I used to write about my flying very technically, until I realized I wasn't really helping friends/family understand the magic of flying. I think I'm a little better now about being 100% honest about how much I love this: http://onezuludelta.com/a-traveler-under-open-sky

Good luck, and welcome back!

Back