Come on over to Brennand Airport

skyflyer8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skyflyr
My annual reminder: Come on over to Brennand Airport in Neenah (79C), about 10 NM north of OSH, if you are looking for an alternative airport or somewhere to stop in addition to Oshkosh this year.

YES we have really nice bathrooms and showers! And laundry! And aaaiiirrrr conditioning!

YES we allow camping by your plane or wherever you want to pitch a tent!

YES we have a giant kitchen where you can cook or make a pizza or whatever!

YES we are going to feed you coffee and donuts each morning! (Sponsored by EAA Chapter 41, donations appreciated.)

YES there are NO fees whatsoever. Park for free, camp for free. Well, fuel's not free, but you get the idea!

You and your plane need to be able to handle a 2,450x30' runway.

Other features are 24/7 credit card 100LL fuel, transportation options to the show, courtesy car for errands, a nice deck overlooking the airport, pool table, fire pit, and more.

Parking & tiedowns are available in the grass on the south end of the field. The tiedowns are hiding in the grass and are painted with colors that correspond to your nav lights. Unfortunately that area gets soft when wet. It doesn't hurt to call ahead on the phone or radio. Once again we will have some paved areas blocked off with large orange cones. I guarantee I am a much more happy and welcoming person when you do not taxi through a row of cones and cut them apart with your propeller.

Last year went great, this year we expect to have more visitors now that word has gotten out. Please put a pin in our new map board! The airport owners, Keith & Colleen Mustain will be very happy to have you as a guest and I hope you enjoy your visit.

http://www.brennandairport.com

Airport manager Keith Mustain: 920-376-0064

This is a great place. We popped up there during (as the locals say) "the EAA" last year to take a shower and get fuel. Great place. We got stuck there for a while because a crash closed down Oshkosh, but we had fun playing pool while we waited.

Kate, weren't you based at Clintonville in the past?

My daughter has a friend who has a family farm northwest of Winneconnie. I've been thinking of flying her up there and the giving them a ride so he can see his farm from the air, and I'm thinking Brennand would be a lot closer than KOSH.

Had a great time stopping by last year and will be back this year! I would highly recommend the stop to others.

I will keep it in mind, especially if the schedule isn't Oshkosh friendly.

Kate, weren't you based at Clintonville in the past?

My daughter has a friend who has a family farm northwest of Winneconnie. I've been thinking of flying her up there and the giving them a ride so he can see his farm from the air, and I'm thinking Brennand would be a lot closer than KOSH.

Yes, CLI is where I grew up. I've been active at several area airports but have considered 79C home base for the past 10 years. I live a short distance away.

We have our annual fly-in coming up at Brennand Airport on July 18th, the Saturday before EAA, from 9 am to 4 pm with food, Young Eagles rides, lots of kid's activities, airplane and helo rides, R/C aircraft, the local medical helicopter, and more. Raffle grand prize is a hangar party with food, bowling, and go-karts for you and friends, and other prizes include a GoPro, limo bus trip, bike, spa package, and many smaller items in the bucket raffle. Sponsored by EAA 41. Admission and parking are free.

I am very busy and tough to get ahold of, but the airport owner Keith can easily be reached at 920-376-0064 if you have questions about flying in either for our fly-in event or for EAA week. BTW we were hoping to get the FAA database corrected to reflect the paved runway width increase to 30' but haven't been successful in time for the current publications. Keith also just marked out a parallel (and short + obstructed) grass runway with yellow cones.

Our fly-in at Brennand 79C is Saturday the 18th and I'm afraid it's going to be a hot one, but having a real, flying ICON around sure is COOL! Big smile on my face seeing it "for real" today right before my eyes at my little home drome! Very exciting!!! We're hosts to these amazing airplanes this week when they aren't in Oshkosh.

Attachments

• IMG_20150717_230749.jpg
    IMG_20150717_230749.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 44
I'll be flying into Brennand this Thursday. I have a friend who's based there, and 79C looks a lot like 0N0 - my home drome. Thanks to Kate for posting the annual invitation - I was planning on going into ATW but I really prefer the kinds of airports without gates and fences.

I camped at Brennand for 2 days when OSH was full and it was fantastic. The facilities were superb and Keith is a great guy. I will be back!

Looks like a beautiful FBO; First class! I might have to make a $100 bowling run sometime with my son from West Bend!

Back