Come Check Out the Raffle Plane

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Okay, most all of you know by now that The 1940 Air Terminal Museum, where I'm a volunteer, is raffling off a 1957 Cessna 172, to be given away on July 18, 2009, or earlier if all 2500 tickets are sold. Well, we'll be flying her around to different places to sell tickets on the weekends, starting tomorrow! Stay tuned to this thread for more dates/times/locations to follow!

First, Dallas/Fort Worth & NE Texas area pilots:

Tomorrow, January 24, 2009, the raffle plane will be at Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (KTYR) for the Civil Air Patrol's Pancake Breakfast. Afterwards, we will reposition the aircraft to the Historical Aircraft Memorial Museum, and will be selling tickets from there. Please come on out, check out the plane, and support not only us by purchasing a ticket (or two), but also support our generous hosts as well! See you there!

You can also see updates on the airplane, including some in-flight pictures taken this week, by following it on Twitter! http://twitter.com/N7433A

Thanks for the link... take good care of "my" plane until the drawing. :D
How are ticket sales so far on this one? I'd imagine a 4-seat trike would spark more interest.

How are ticket sales so far on this one? I'd imagine a 4-seat trike would spark more interest.

To be honest, ticket sales are a bit flat at the moment, for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, the plane was down with radio issues until Christmas, so we haven't been able to take it out and promote it at all. I just got my checkout done two weeks ago, and the other pilot got his done last weekend. So now we're planning on flying it all over to try to make up for lost time.

Second, the economy might be having an effect on the sales, but we haven't had it out promoting it enough to really compare.

I can tell you first-hand though that she's a real catch! She flies like a dream!

Cool beans- that is a real pretty straight-tail, and from what I hear they are a treat for anyone who flies any other kind of 172. Light, simple, classic good looks (although it would look even better with a tailwheel).

The Twitter thing is a good idea...
Ask 33A if she would mind showing her entire panel on Twitter...? :D

Well, we tried to go to TYR today, but the visibility went down hill the further north we got, so we had to turn around and come back. We'll try to bring it somewhere else next weekend.

Thread bump... This plane is a real beauty and she's looking for a great home! We've been trying to get her out to sell tickets, but the weekend weather has been really dampening our efforts... last weekend we had to cancel three appearances due to high, gusting winds. This Saturday, we're going to try to take her to the Bluebonnet Air Show in Burnet, TX. Anyone in the Austin area, you should come out and see her! Scattered T-storms are in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday, so we're going to bring her out Friday instead. If anyone in the Austin/Burnet area has or knows of a hangar where we can put her for the night this Friday for free or really cheap, I'd appreciate any leads.

Anyway, tickets are available for $50 each, and she's a great plane for any pilot to own. It's easy to fly, easy to maintain, cheap on insurance, and only burns about 8gph, so affordable to operate. Plus, she's beautiful!

Pictures are available a the museum's website, http://www.1940airterminal.org, or in the plane's Twitter feed, http://twitter.com/N7433A.

PM me if you're interested in learning more!

This just in, we have two scheduled appearances this weekend, and it appears that the weather might actually cooperate enough for us to make both of them!

First, tomorrow afternoon (Friday, April 10) from about 1p until about 5 or 6p, we will be at Atlantic Aviation at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (KAUS). Then on Saturday, 4/11, we will be on static display at the Bluebonnet Air Show at Burnet, TX (KBMQ). If you're in the central Texas area this weekend, please come see us and support our hosts and more importantly, get your raffle ticket to win!

Back