Comanche owners

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
I assume that getting some of the old STC's for a Twin Comanche are pretty much a wasted effort. Things such as the 200hp engine conversion. Hopefully the alternator STC is still available. Anyone have any information as to how one goes about getting any of these. George Merrill and his son now own the STC's, but do not support or supply parts anymore. If one was to get the STC paperwork and find the proper parts, can one still get the conversion done?

I assume that getting some of the old STC's for a Twin Comanche are pretty much a wasted effort. Things such as the 200hp engine conversion. Hopefully the alternator STC is still available. Anyone have any information as to how one goes about getting any of these. George Merrill and his son now own the STC's, but do not support or supply parts anymore. If one was to get the STC paperwork and find the proper parts, can one still get the conversion done?

I don't think you can get any of the Miller mods (200hp, nacelle lockers, long nose with baggage, dorsal fin, etc.) any more. :( Very unfortunate, as when you get a Twinkie with all of 'em you're very close to the perfect airplane.

Since you've found the owners, I wouldn't hesitate to contact them and ask pretty pretty please anyway. Can't hurt! :no:

I'm pretty sure you can still get the alternators done. I've tried searching the FAA's STC database but it's not very user-friendly, so I'm not really sure about any of 'em.

Good luck, let us know what you find!

Back