Com stuck on transmit when mic plugged in

FuelGuy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
fuelGuy
I’m installing a Garmin gtr225 and when ever I have the mic plugged into the mic jack it is stuck on transmit. When I remove the mic the PTT works like it’s supposed to. I have the system wired up per the diagram and I can’t figure out where I have made my mistake.

I’m installing a Garmin gtr225 and when ever I have the mic plugged into the mic jack it is stuck on transmit. When I remove the mic the PTT works like it’s supposed to. I have the system wired up per the diagram and I can’t figure out where I have made my mistake.
Gonna guess that it isn't actually wired per the diagram; take a step back for a while, or have someone else look at it. I've misswired things and it took walking away and coming back later to troubleshoot properly.

Might have the jack's tip and ring wires crossed. Tip is PTT and ring is audio. Or maybe the mic itself has a shorted PTT wire somewhere.

Have you tried a different headset. The PTT switch shorts two of the mic inputs, so if a headset were shorted on those contacts it would be a problem with the headset.

Back