Columbus, MS fly-in/airshow

bigred177

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
bigred
My friend is stationed in Columbus right now and he was telling me the other day that May 1 and 2 they're having a huge airshow. Biggest one in years he said. I'm going to fly over and check it out. Y'all should come check it out since this is about as far east as I will be able to make it for awhile and it'll give me a chance to meet some of y'all. I don't know what if anything you need to do to stay at the hotel on base but it's like $30/night.

Are you planning to land at CAFB? If so, have you sent in your DD2400, 2401, and 2402 forms?

This year being the 75th anniversary of the USAF there are several big airshows planned around the country. I'm planning to attend the one at Eglin AFB April 9-11, weather permitting.

This is only the 63rd Anniversary of the USAF. Seperate service was established in September of 1947.

I must be getting more senile. I guess it's only Eglin's 75th. My bad.

http://www.eglin.af.mil/airshow2010.asp

AFD-100203-018.jpg

1935 was a good year for airplanes.

This is only the 63rd Anniversary of the USAF. Seperate service was established in September of 1947.

Last edited:
Are you planning to land at CAFB? If so, have you sent in your DD2400, 2401, and 2402 forms?

This year being the 75th anniversary of the USAF there are several big airshows planned around the country. I'm planning to attend the one at Eglin AFB April 9-11, weather permitting.

I'm just going to land at the public airport there and my friend is going to come pick me up. Don't really want to mess with the hassle of forms.

Stop and say hi- I'm flying an F-15 in for the Columbus airshow. :thumbsup:

Definitely. Are you goign to be the only F-15 there? Or am I gonna have to run up to each of you and ask if you're evil eagle :). And I get to go for a ride right?

Definitely. Are you goign to be the only F-15 there? Or am I gonna have to run up to each of you and ask if you're evil eagle :). And I get to go for a ride right?
I think there will be 4 of us there, we are doing a flyby in Texas on Friday, then going to CAFB. I'll have my nametag on - Evil.

I doubt we'll have any D models with us, but if we do bring one, get in line - (and it's a VERY long line... we're still waiting to get permission to fly the guy that's first in line).

You can still stop by to say howdy. :D

Man, I'm sorry, I made that sound/look like a question. :D Let me try that again. I get to go for a ride. Right, sounds good. ;)

But I wil definitely stop by and say howdy. Where in Texas are y'all flying by? And, if y'all are spending the night in MS, I'm sure there's a place we could all load up and go eat.

Man, I'm sorry, I made that sound/look like a question. :D Let me try that again. I get to go for a ride. Right, sounds good. ;)

But I wil definitely stop by and say howdy. Where in Texas are y'all flying by? And, if y'all are spending the night in MS, I'm sure there's a place we could all load up and go eat.
I can't remember where the flyby is - but I'll let you know when I ask. We'll stay in MS for at least one night. I've got some bro's teaching there and I went to UPT there. Not much in Columbus, we used to go to Starkville for a few drinks. We'll figure something out.

I just got word today that We aren't doing the Columbus airshow anymore. Bummer... :redface:

Oh, and the flyby is at Lackland AFB for basic training graduation.

:( I was looking forward too my ride. I'm hoping I'll be able to go still, seems it's hard to find someone who wants to fly with you. Anyone in Austin want to split some hood time?

Back