Colorado to OSH fuel stop

ghayes

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ghayes
Anyone have a suggestion for a fuel stop/break going from JeffCo (BJC) to OSH? Looking at the “Special Offers” section on the Airventure website (http://www.airventure.org/flying/alternate_airports.html#IOWA), there aren't many airplorts on their list. Looks like the two likely candidates are Fremont Muni (FET) and Iowa Falls (IFA), but neither of these places is advertising discounted fuel specifically for OSH-bound customers.

Any other suggestions? Looking for cheap fuel (of course), cheap snacks (of course), clean bathrooms (of course) and about half way between BJC and OSH without going too far out of the way. So something around the vertex of the South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota quad would be about right.

No suggestions in particular, but if you look at 100ll.com or the airnav.com flight planner, that will help you choose fuel stops. I then call to confirm that the prices are actually as promised.

No suggestions in particular, but if you look at 100ll.com or the airnav.com flight planner, that will help you choose fuel stops. I then call to confirm that the prices are actually as promised.

I was looking for unadvertised specials (like OSH specific fuel stops) and/or nicer places that others might know about.

For instance, when we flew from IPT to OSH, we happened to stop at a place that not only had discounts for OSH but they also had snack tent setup with hotdogs and other goodies. It was a really nice stop I just happened to pick.

Adams Friendship usually has pretty cheap gas $3.51 right now, but they are in western WI, so it may be more of a I don't want to pay Basler's prices fuel stop.

What time will you be passing through?

There is always the world's only "Fly-In Pool Party", if you want to stop in Iowa City (IOW) for free burgers, brats, hot dogs, snacks and refreshments. We're located about 300 yards from Rwy 25.

Swimming is optional...

:smile:

There is always the world's only "Fly-In Pool Party", if you want to stop in Iowa City (IOW) for free burgers, brats, hot dogs, snacks and refreshments. We're located about 300 yards from Rwy 25.

Swimming is optional...

So is the pool designated Rwy 25R for seaplanes? :smilewinkgrin:

Swimming is optional...

Now that sounds intriguing. I'd expect to be passing through there around 1ish.

Now that sounds intriguing. I'd expect to be passing through there around 1ish.

When you're ten miles out, call IOW unicom on 122.8. We monitor it in the hotel lobby -- but give the FBO a call on the radio and ask 'em to call us at the hotel, just in case we miss it. I'll be on the ramp with the courtesy van when you arrive...

We'll be able to toss a burger or three on the grill for ya!

Not quite on a direct route, and a maybe little far, but I believe 10C is having an OSH special, including burgers, etc. I think there was a posting her about it not too long ago.

Back