Colorado POA

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
There's over 50 people in Colorado on the list - looks like Memorial weekend might be a good time for a meet. BBQ and other goodies sound good?

Last edited:
Memorial weekend probably OK for me.

We'd better do it tomorrow. The forecast is a high of 45 and a chance of "frozen mix".

We'd better do it tomorrow. The forecast is a high of 45 and a chance of "frozen mix".

Hmmm...

409e61f87d366848eac7441a8e3ee2a2.jpg

9a48e82716ed3c058a37943833daa021.jpg

A get together sounds fun and is overdue. I should be around towards the end of May.

I don't have a free day until Memorial Day weekend, and may end up having to go to South Dakota to take care of my mom, but will follow this just in case.

We are around Memorial Day weekend but on the day itself Karen's barbershop quartet has a gig in the afternoon... you know 'Merica and Apple Pie and all that stuff.

We could hire them if we want an extravaganza. LOL.

<wondering if Sybill or Rachelle needs some dogs from Texas>

Some Texas style weather

Don't like whatcha got now, just wait a short bit.

This morning.
This evening.

Further north on the front range we did the opposite today. Snow in the morning.
All this just so we can sacrifice 25+% of our nameplate horsepower even before leaving the ground. o_O

Saturday, 4/29 Clark's hangar, noonish? I'll bring hot dogs, buns and chips.

And one of the electric heaters.
What, no brownies? And I wasn't that impressed with the electric heater last time!

My hangar has a construction sized torpedo heater.

Make of that what you will... LOL.

Are the ski resorts enjoying this?

I'll bring my Weber if I can get to it (yes that is today):

Spring2.jpeg

Only about 6 inches on the west side of town. Seems like wet, heavy stuff. Melts off the streets but is being mean to trees.

2 feet in evergreen. Still coming down lightly.

I'm in greater Los Angeles for the AOPA Camarillo Fly In, which was great.
As was the weather - shorts and shirt sleeves all day. (Awfully windy, but here they call the Chinook winds the Santa Ana winds.)
Hopefully, Colorado warms up before my return Sunday night.

This morning.

7736b79e62190faff36eadf642949272.jpg

This evening.

9d65439b6f86bf7d0dbf983f782bc2cd.jpg

I was mowing my lawn one fine Spring day when that exact scenario happened. I had just moved to CO, and thought to myself, "well I've never seen one this before". :) Or it could have been mid summer. Dunno! :)

Last edited:
Back