Colorado POA Sat 3/21/15

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
So our Lost Lamb (Mark) will be in the area for skiing and other winter sports. As you may (or may not) remember, he & his wife headed to the east side of the country, leaving us one CFII/Lawyer short.

But Rejoice! Mark's got one day free, the 21st, and is begging for a flyin someplace. We haven't had a flyin in quite a while, nor did we have our Annual Freeze Your Butt BBQ (requirement - OAT must be below 32F and snowing). So weather permitting, let us celebrate Mark's return, if only temporarily.

Lunch sounds good - ideas?

The weather guessers are saying the second half of the month should see better conditions.

Ideas? Mile Deep Grille if the weather is decent?

Unfortunately I won't be around the last half of the month. Sorry to miss Mark. I'm not sure if he knows it but he's the first person I ever agreed to meet in person from an internet board (not this one). :eek:

Looks like I have a ride with a friend that Saturday. We've been trying to arrange to get together anyway. In the absence of something else, our plan for the moment is Greeley.

Looks like I have a super busy day that day. Going to show a group of 3rd graders the airplane and have a coworker that wants to go shooting. Hmmm. Why does everything end up on the same day on the calendar???

I could possibly make it that day, as I'm going to be up skiing that week too. I was thinking Melby Ranch. I can get permission for multiple planes. Anything north of about Monument is a no-go for me.

I'd like to meet some of y'all...but I have a training flight that morning and probably wouldn't be willing to drive much farther than Springs area

For those in the KAPA area (either living or planes based there). Keep open the possibility that my ride with my friend will fall through.

Looks like not enough interest for an organized event. I will be flying with a friend and am still planning on a Greeley lunch with an ETA around noon. We might try to do a bit in the mountains to get some video before that, so the time will be a bit loose.

I haven't stopped at GXY in awhile so I'll try to be there around noon then.

Good to see you again Mark, it looks like life back east is treating you well.

I miss y'all.

(On weekend two of all-weekend marathons to swap out the firewall. We thought we had it last night and found serious screwups from years ago that was jacking with the routing. We are amazed the network was even working properly. The portion of the network that is working already feels like we spent good money on the firewall replacement and even feels like we bought all new network gear... The errors we found were probably contributing to the overload of the old unit but now we're seeing wire speeds to everything and just working out dumb routing kinks to remove piles of IPSEC tunnels that were serving no good purpose.)

Both of us working on it are planning a day off to go flying (other engineer is a newbie glider rated guy) and get the hell away from computers once this thing works on Monday.

I had a Monday meeting resched to Wednesday so if'n ya'll wanna meet somewhere for lunch let me know.

Sorry I missed it too. Sounds more fun than moving stuff out of closets and cabinets to keep ahead of the painter.

Back