Colorado Pilots - Wed March 28

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Anyone interested in Salida? Group from FTG heading that way, plan to be there around 11:15 am.

Yes, there's a TFR for the fire, but it's easy to go south and avoid the smoke and the flying fire trucks.

Would love to, but probably can't get away from the orifice... er, office.

I'd love to, but you'd have to come to south Florida to pick me up. I know how you love long cross countries and all, but that might be a little far. :)

You and your eggbeater really get around! ;)

Yes we do! But it's the Pasta Rocket, thank you. Unfortunately this time I was in the back of an aluminum mailing tube...Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Flight Safety I go.

Yes we do! But it's the Pasta Rocket, thank you. Unfortunately this time I was in the back of an aluminum mailing tube...Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Flight Safety I go.

Sounds more interesting than my day... things were kinda slow as a major upgrade project got put off due to a "personnel" issue the bosses were tied up with most of the day.

PoA kinda filled in the time gap in a "I don't think it's a good idea to attempt any other big projects this week, everyone's too freaked out" kind of day.

Highlight of the day was tagging along to Brother's BBQ for lunch with the Security guys and one of the help desk's ex-manager. Pulled pork sandwich and sweet tea... how could a day with that for lunch ever be bad? :)

Tomorrow I go play "let's hook up some servers and see if the network/firewall guys gave me any connectivity" game at the north datacenter tomorrow. They're in that "we want to know every possible individual IP these servers will ever talk to" mode again.

We'll start the negotiations with "Open 22, 80, and 443 everywhere, and then we'll talk." ;)

I'd love to, but you'd have to come to south Florida to pick me up.
She'd have to come to south Canada to pick me up. South Florida sounds a lot warmer. It's still winter here.

She'd have to come to south Canada to pick me up. South Florida sounds a lot warmer. It's still winter here.

South Canada??? What are you doing in North Dakota? :D

Love to visit my old home. Can you pick me up in PA? :)

South Canada??? What are you doing in North Dakota? :D
North Dakota would be south OF Canada. :idea:

Ever notice how it gets colder as you get further north in the US but when you cross the border you're in the balmy south again. ;) Oh wait... :redface:

North Dakota would be south OF Canada.

Hmmm, I'll have to think aboot that, eh.

Think
Think
Think

After thinking a bit, still not sure.There are US Customs agents in Calgary so the mere presence of US type officials proves nothing. "Merican dollars are readily accepted in Calgary. I'm thinkin' ND is really southern Canada and just has a bit more 'Merican stuff.

After thinking a bit, still not sure.There are US Customs agents in Calgary so the mere presence of US type officials proves nothing.
I've never seen a US Customs agent in Calgary. We rarely even see Canadian Customs agents in Calgary! It's too much trouble to make the trek from the terminal across the field to the small aircraft customs shack. :D

Let's see. The ways you can tell you are in Canada...

You hear "decimal" instead of "point" when they tell you a frequency.
They say "descend when ready" instead of "descend at pilot's discretion".
They are called "Calgary Arrival" not "Calgary Approach"
You get a text message on your phone saying that data is incredibly expensive.
There is a Tim Hortons on every corner. :idea:

I've never seen a US Customs agent in Calgary. We rarely even see Canadian Customs agents in Calgary! It's too much trouble to make the trek from the terminal across the field to the small aircraft customs shack. :D

Yes, but there are Tim Hortons on every corner in western New York, too.

Oh, wait. Western New York. South Ontario. Pretty much one and the same except it's a real PITA crossing the Peace Bridge back to Buffalo.

Didn't go. Still having issues with #3 cylinder. Trip to BFF was fine - 2 other airplanes, mostly flat land and airports every 10 min or so. No airports between APA and ANK. On my way to the airport to continue trying to figure out what might cause the high CHT.

Sent from my ioad which is a real pita because i'm a touch typist.

... The ways you can tell you are in Canada...

Timmies!!!! :drink: :yesnod: :drool:

"Cleared to 8,000."
"Line up, runway zero six right."
"Call arrivals now on 119 decimal 75."
"Contact departure when airborne, cleared for takeoff."

I do love how Canadian customs never really seems to care that we're there.

"Oh you've landed, eh? Ok, here's your number, yeah. Good day then."

Back