Colorado Memorial Day Weekend

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
It's time for another lunch someplace. Any suggestions (Sunday or Monday
for me, I'm flying Young Eagles on Sat morning) and any takers?

theres potential i may overfly eastern CO this weekend in the glider. will be flying out of Ulysses, KS.

Murphy, you are right, we need to get together again. Unfortunately this weekend does not work for me. My club membership starts June 1st, so I am planeless until then...

I'm currently stranded somewhere in the vicinity of south central Wyoming (that's wunnerful windy Wyoming to us auslanders). I may or may not get un-stranded in the next few days...maybe I'll even remember what an airplane looks like next time I see one. Okay, I'm overstating it just a bit. Cleaned the belly of the tDak last Sunday.

Anyway, the only thing I'm planning is a few cold drinks and a long nap or three. Maybe then I'll look for a BBQ grill...

I'm currently stranded somewhere in the vicinity of south central Wyoming (that's wunnerful windy Wyoming to us auslanders)
I can vouch for the fact that it was a bit breezy in wunnerful windy Wyoming today. Did you see us pass overhead?

I can vouch for the fact that it was a bit breezy in wunnerful windy Wyoming today. Did you see us pass overhead?

Long story but short answer: no - hazy and PC in the places I was today.

dont wait for me. i have absolutely no idea where i will end up on saturday. could be 5 miles from the ulysses airport and could be somewhere in South Dakot. and anywhere in between. ill catch you some other time when im not flying the glider.

We could meet up at the Colorado Pilots Association Fly-in/Drive-in to my home drome:

Jun 19, 2010 Van Aire Fly-In / Drive-In
Van Aire Air Park
CO12
Brighton, CO
Open House for CPA members and guests; arrive at 10:30 a.m; lunch at noon; donation for lunch.
Info: Brandon Jewett 303/521-3238
Email:Brandondc3@comcast.net

I'm planning on being there. Its about 45 min flight from Steamboat, 10 min flight from FTG and 8 min flight from BJC.

I could probably make this one. I should be checked out by then, and right now there is a plane available on the schedule. Plus I have always wanted to check out an airpark.

Tony

We could meet up at the Colorado Pilots Association Fly-in/Drive-in to my home drome:

Van Aire Air Park
CO12
Brighton, CO Open House for CPA members and guests; arrive at 10:30 a.m; lunch at noon; donation for lunch.

I'm planning on being there. Its about 45 min flight from Steamboat, 10 min flight from FTG and 8 min flight from BJC.

If my schedule allows, I would like to shoot for Van Aire's on 6/19...

Van Aire Air Park
CO12
Brighton, CO
Open House for CPA members and guests; arrive at 10:30 a.m; lunch at noon; donation for lunch.

Let's see....30 min from home to FTG, 15-20 min preflight, 10 min to taxi and get thru all the students practicing T&G, 20 min flight to Van Aire (DIA is not gonna let me go over the terminal), call it an hour and a half.

Driving? About 30 min.

Let's see....30 min from home to FTG, 15-20 min preflight, 10 min to taxi and get thru all the students practicing T&G, 20 min flight to Van Aire (DIA is not gonna let me go over the terminal), call it an hour and a half.

Driving? About 30 min.

You don't have to fly direct. You could go, FTG, AKO, CO12. That would be more like 45 minutes of flying.

Back