Colon Surgery...what is my legal status?

G

Here is my crappy situation:

45 Years old
Third Class Medical lapses June 30th, 2018
Get Basic Med Medical completed October 1st, 2018 (but not yet completed online course so still not legal to fly under BasicMed yet)
October 15th have emergency abdominal surgery resulting in colostomy following a colon perforation (crap bag hanging off stomach...which will luckily be reversible in a while)

Now, self grounding issues aside until healed...since I am not officially back on Basic Med cuz I did not complete online course yet and Third Class expired and kinda in limbo...what are my reporting requirements to be able to fly once healed (if any)?

I would also obtain a copy of all doctor, surgeon, post op, hospital notes/charts/etc.

If you ever decide to return to a Third Class or higher certification, you are going to need it. And simpler to get it while fresh on everyone's mind versus working with an inefficient hospital records department years from now.

Look on the positive side. You don’t have to land to take a dump for awhile. I would imagine you’ll self ground for at least 4-6 weeks anyway

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back