College Football Playoffs

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
The 4 teams for the first ever college football playoffs are going to be announced tonight.

The season isn't even over yet, WTF am I missing? :confused:

It's just a poll like the other polls. I see my Tigers are #3, I wish they could stay there, but not this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least I s a step in the right direction. They need a real playoff series like the FCS.

It's just a poll like the other polls. I see my Tigers are #3, I wish they could stay there, but not this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. you guys have an awful schedule coming up. 3 top 10 teams in the last 5 games. :yikes:

Mississippi State, Florida State, Auburn and Mississippi are the top four teams

That was a long time ago, and they have worked there way back up to 3rd place in the polls, or so I thought. :mad:

Last I saw they were 4th with USA Today's poll, but a few positions down with the others.

That was a long time ago, and they have worked there way back up to 3rd place in the polls, or so I thought. :mad:

who has them #3. I see #5 in coaches and #7 in AP. Don't worry, by the time the SEC west beats themselves silly, Michigan State has a good chance of snagging one of the playoff spots if they keep winning.

Auburn is playing Ole Miss this weekend. Looks like the only game that will impact the top 4 unless there is an upset.

Well, at least we have a playoff system for college football. Hopefully, in the years to come it will get better.

Last edited:
Meh. As long as Penn State continues to lose, I am happy.

The winner of each conference should be included, plus a couple of wild cards thrown in. Make it a true playoff.

The winner of each conference should be included, plus a couple of wild cards thrown in. Make it a true playoff.

There's only 5 confrences strong enough to have a team that's a legitimate contender for a national title. The American conference is a bit of a joke.

Why doesn't football do like basketball and take the top 64 teams?

A play off system is the way to go, but it will take a few years to works out the bugs. 16 teams or 32, but not 64 or 8.

Its all about money. TV revenues would be good, but fan attendance would be down. Remember, they are students, not pros. Football is a much more demanding sport than basketball or volleyball.

Students would need to be paid, IMHO.

Last edited:
A play off system is the way to go, but it will take a few years to works out the bugs. 16 teams or 32, but not 64 or 8.

Its all about money. TV revenues would be good, but fan attendance would be down. Remember, they are students, not pros. Football is a much more demanding sport than basketball or volleyball.

Plus if the players participated in that many games then there would not be any players left for next season.

Unless they go to touch football and it is almost that bad already...:lol:

Oh God. Shhhhh. Don't tell Bart.

Back