ColdPlay?

LT4247

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LT4247
For the 50th Super Bowl half time show? Really? Never heard of them. :no:

AC/DC would bring the house down!

Successful current band, lead singer divorced from Gweth Paltrow. At least it ain't that rap crap! They should have got Black Sabbath! :rockon:

The half time show is for women. Be glad the band isn't some hagged out young flapper teaching America's daughters bad values.

who watches the halftime "show"?

thank God for DVRs... (but I must remember to watch the commercials).

Really??? I bet you like Nickelback as well :D

Noooooooooo I hate Nickelback with a capital F.

I didn't like Cold Play at first (I still don't like their old stuff) but I think their new stuff is pretty good.

But remember, I play techno when I sub for spin class at the gym.

who watches the halftime "show"?

thank God for DVRs... (but I must remember to watch the commercials).

That's pretty much all of the Super Bowl that we watch. No one in my house follows the NFL. Besides, last year's show featured Katy Perry, and gave us the now immortal Left Shark.

You need to realize that some whiny kid with 0 talent will be much cheaper than a good band with a spectacular repertoire. I bet ColdPlay agreed to play for free, just so that they are allowed to spread their tasteless tonedeaf junk. :D
Remember the fiasco that one year when they invited those Chick Pees or something?

Now AC/DC would bring the house down, I agree, but the girls in the stadium would not be throwing their panties at them.

You need to realize that some whiny kid with 0 talent will be much cheaper than a good band with a spectacular repertoire. I bet ColdPlay agreed to play for free, just so that they are allowed to spread their tasteless tonedeaf junk. :D
Remember the fiasco that one year when they invited those Chick Pees or something?

Now AC/DC would bring the house down, I agree, but the girls in the stadium would not be throwing their panties at them.

ALL Super Bowl acts play for free, and have for as long as I can remember. The Super Bowl is only a good deal for the NFL. If you look at the demands the NFL places on the host city, it's a wonder anyone wants it.

Get Skynyrd , Petty n Heartbreakers, Hank Jr, someone that can sing and play anyway.

I grew up with Skynyrd, Petty, Scorpions, etc... Okay I was little at the time but I just get tired listening to all of that stuff. It gets moldy sitting there in the closet all of these years. There are a handful, and I mean a small handful of bands from the seventies that I still enjoy today, and none of them are mainstream. Except Pink Floyd maybe.

ColdPlay, I've heard of him..isn't he the guy that did that Queen/Bowie Rip off of under pressure?

Is there a game this weekend?

Nauga,
with bread and circuses

ALL Super Bowl acts play for free, and have for as long as I can remember.
Ah, didn't know, thank you.
That explains why they never have anybody good. :D

I really liked Bruno Mars a few years ago.
GTFO :nono:
Now.
Forever. :D

ColdPlay, I've heard of him..isn't he the guy that did that Queen/Bowie Rip off of under pressure?
I think so. But he didn't rip off only one song. Many of them are pure plagiarism.

Is there a game this weekend?
Dunno. :dunno:
I'll be out flyin'!!! :)

Super bowl is retarded. It's all commercial now ; less about the game and all about the fluff. I don't watch anymore so I'll be doing something more productive like taking a nap.

Flea stated that the NFL makes them all lip sync and have pre recorded music.

I don't like Coldplay as a whole, but they have a handful of songs that are alright. AC/DC and Skynyrd? YGTBFSM. It's not all that entertaining to watch, despite everyone knowing the words. AC/DC gets old after the 3rd song anyway because they all sound the same. I Bruno Mars did pretty well, even though I'm not a big fan of the pop genre. Remember, the SB halftime show is about entertainment, not strictly musicianship. I'm surprised they didn't go after someone like Adele or One Direction to be honest. I'd just assume see a hodgepodge of artists up there doing some covers (like Clapton, Timberlake, Garth, Flea, DMB, etc)

So it's Coldplay, with Beyonce and Bruno Mars. I bet they can make something decent out of all those performers.

People of Boston were pretty smart to run off the Olympics. All that stuff is a corrupt anti freedom ****show.

yeah, a huge hit for the septuagenarian crowd.

The funny thing is when I'm seventy, I doubt I'll be posting "Dem people should play old classic stuff like Linkin Park and Lady Gaga, not that damn newfangled stuff."

Let me distilled this down for everyone else....

The NFL gets everthing from golf to airports for free, the city pays for it all, NFL gets 100% of all profits tax free and this must be agreed upon before the NFL will host SB in a city.

Soooo...... Taxpayers are on the hook for the bulk of the expenses and the NFL laughed all the way to the bank. The entire deal must be kept secret and withheld from the taxpayers until 5 years after the event.

And these elected officials still have jobs?

Having been to 10 Super Bowls, they bring in a lot of revenue for the area near the venue! From hotels to restaurants to event halls and caterers. Is it worth it for the average tax payer, probably not, but everyone in the hospitality industry seems to love it! Are room at a run down Holiday Inn in St. Augustine was $3-400 per night and we were 45 minutes from Jacksonville! :eek: Of course, I wasn't paying, so I didn't worry about it! :D

Let me distilled this down for everyone else....

The NFL gets everthing from golf to airports for free, the city pays for it all, NFL gets 100% of all profits tax free and this must be agreed upon before the NFL will host SB in a city.

Soooo...... Taxpayers are on the hook for the bulk of the expenses and the NFL laughed all the way to the bank. The entire deal must be kept secret and withheld from the taxpayers until 5 years after the event.

And these elected officials still have jobs?

I'd like to see the net revenue generated AFTER all the cops, EMS, fire, federal guys, etc are all paid for.

I'd be willing to say we, tax payers, are on the back side of that delta. The business owners may take it in, but the profit of a few should not be borne on the backs of many.

Back