Cogscreen testing (aeromedical cognitive screening)

I

I'mNotaRobot

Hello, can anyone point toward any example questions for cogscreening? I'm having the battery of testing done tomorrow, and I'd really like to have some idea of what to expect. I'm particularly nervous about doing simple arithmetic in my head. That has never been my strong suit, and it's more difficult if I'm nervous.
Thanks!

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Are you making a joke, or is that a brain teaser? :eek:o_O

Phillip K. Dick has some of the worst movie adaptations of his books (Bladerunner and Total Recall).

I liked the line from the book where the interviewer asks the subject if she likes his briefcase...genuine baby skin.

Phillip K. Dick has some of the worst movie adaptations of his books
That's true of many of the better SciFi authors.

But maybe if the right producer/director would take on some of Terry Pratchett's stuff....say "Good Omens" ??

I took the CogScreen AE in 2006 at age 63. The test is computerized, and is graded on accuracy and the time it takes to complete the tasks. The tests are carefully controlled, so there is no way to practice for it using the actual test. I was apprehensive, but the psychologist who administered the test gave me paper tests with tasks similar to those in the CogScreen AE, and that made me feel more confident when I took the test.

There's a pretty good description of the test tasks on the CogScreen website at http://www.cogscreen.com/Overview.aspx
I was normed against captains for major U.S. airlines age 55-60, and scored in the 50th percentile or better on the five Taylor aviation composite scores. I'm convinced the practice session with the paper tasks helped.

CogScreen-AE%20Taylor%20Scores_zpsfhnirek3.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to get paper tests similar to those described in the post to practice on in preparation for the exam.
Does anybody know where to get them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back