Cognitive Rehabilitation For Pilots

Marc Stanford

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bakon Plane
I was just wondering does cog rehab work? as in can it improve significant deficits to appropriate levels safe enough to fly?

I have heard stories of pilots getting strokes and going through rehab and being able to fly again after a few years, does it do the same trick for say a learning disorder?

I don't believe a learning disorder is disqualifying but the deficits it produces can be. Where would I go to receive cog rehab?

It is a sad fact that today folks will search for "the answer", when they are really searching for "the answer that they want to hear".

Your neurocognitive evalutors would have made the referral if the profile of deficits seemed appropriate to neurocog rehab. training. Did they do that?

Your neurocognitive evalutors would have made the referral if the profile of deficits seemed appropriate to neurocog rehab. training. Did they do that?

They said depending on what's causing it possibly it could be trained. I was born with a severe speech disorder that I overcame completely thanks to therapy when I was very young, and my psychiatrist believes and is hopeful I will be able to overcome it since he said I don't struggle with learning thanks to my academic progress in grade school and in University (a Senior this year, started 2015).

The cause can only be found out by therapy, if I am making progress and improving then the cause is not severe, whereas vice versa then it's much more substantial. Once we have a positive report from both therapists once I complete therapy then we will move to the final step.

When the time comes and once I have fully worked out all my problems my family and I agreed we would pay to seek your help in re-petitioning the FAA once everything falls in order. I've heard from all over you're the best person for this task.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back