Cockpit Voice Recorders

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Are they tape or digital? I'm pretty sure a tape can't be altered without it being detectable. What about digital recorders. Is there a way to "doctor" digital recordings without it being detectable that it was done?

Just as digital photos can be altered in PhotoShop, digital audio can be altered in a similar method with the right software. However, just as an astute forensics expert can easily discover "artifacts" in altered photos, they can also do the same with digital audio. ;)

Trying to think of a situation where this would be possible? If you are part of an aviation accident in which the cvr is needed by the ntsb, I am thinking you will not have an opportunity to extract it from the a/c - let alone extract, take home, alter, then return to the a/c. I am pretty sure the ntsb would never have a need to alter a cvr either.

Trying to think of a situation where this would be possible? If you are part of an aviation accident in which the cvr is needed by the ntsb, I am thinking you will not have an opportunity to extract it from the a/c - let alone extract, take home, alter, then return to the a/c.
Only the French can do that.

Back