Cockpit lighting

Lawson Laslo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N2005H
hi im looking for some cockpit lights for my ercoupe
It will just need to light up the instrument panel and prefer it to be portable not perminant (battery powered no wires)
Was thinking like a little light bar from HF or academy And put a red filter on it somehow
Any suggestions or other ideas

Attachments

• 2F3C7DEB-EE77-4AB3-BFB1-D1D0B11FA259.jpeg
    2F3C7DEB-EE77-4AB3-BFB1-D1D0B11FA259.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 30
  • BE53116D-C954-435A-9162-190E7C175F4D.jpeg
    BE53116D-C954-435A-9162-190E7C175F4D.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 28
Get one of those LED christmas light tubes in red, add some resistors to it to dim it down. Put velcro on the back side and run it off a battery or make a connector that plugs into the cig lighter.

I did a similar set up in my plane, only connected to the power and also an inline rheostat.

How about a headlamp w red setting... I’ve used that in planes that had uncomfortably dim lights, I’d have to squint to see certain gauges. I want a quick scan of em n eyes back outside not squinting- one of those did the trick just dandy...

They have aviation specific lighting for this at AS and Sporty's. I don't think they were outrageously priced.

Shy of a mounted red/white one, the petzel headlamp is the winner, even with ship mounted lights, a roll up petzel is good to keep in the glove box just incase

I would say one should use the red for the preflight, preserve your night vision thats what I used to do. Or be like me and stay out of our singles after dark...

Back