Cockpit cameras

Maj Geezer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Maj Geezer
Hello to all. I am in the market for a cockpit camera. GoPro vs Nflight. Have read the ads and the critiques I come away more confused than ever.lol Have they fixed the bugs in Go Pro. Which is best ? Thanks for the help:dunno:

Last edited:
Hello to all. I am in the market for a cockpit camera. GoPro vs Nflight. Have read the ads and the critiques I come away more confused than ever.lol Have they fixed the bugs in Go Pro. Which is best ? Thanks for the help:dunno:
My GoPro Hero 3 Silver has not yet locked up, FWIW. Black might have other issues (being a 4k camera instead of merely HD).

I have a Sony Action Cam, I like it but due to the case it needs some modification to use power and audio(Intercom) in-flight, hopefully I can test those changes this weekend.

Without external power I get about 2.2 hours battery(WiFi off). The 32GB card is good for over 4 hours of recording.

You can get two GoPros for the price of an Nflight. I've never had a hiccup on either of my GoPros.

Thanks for the info so far. I grow weary of companies pushing things to market before they are ready.

I have two NFlight+ cameras and have been very pleased with them.

The video is excellent and it's easy to patch in cockpit audio.

I also like the lens filter that blurs the prop so you don't get the "rolling-shutter" prop effect with other cameras.

It's also fun to watch the flight's GPS (speed, altitude, heading) information in google earth.

Buy a Hero 2. Proven software, good footage, no hiccups.
Agree, have two hero2, and one hero3 black and can attest that the Hero2 is a superior platform. Problem is they are asking premium prices for them, and unlike when the hero2 came out gopro was still selling the original hero, gopro is no longer selling the hero2. I would not buy a used hero2 either. The camera is a tough guy, but I bet a lot of them have been badly abused as well.

Agree, have two hero2, and one hero3 black and can attest that the Hero2 is a superior platform. Problem is they are asking premium prices for them, and unlike when the hero2 came out gopro was still selling the original hero, gopro is no longer selling the hero2. I would not buy a used hero2 either. The camera is a tough guy, but I bet a lot of them have been badly abused as well.
I've heard that the hero 3 silver is effectively the hero 2.

I've heard that the hero 3 silver is effectively the hero 2.
The programming and the specifications may be, but I like the Hero2 case better. They seem a bit sturdier. Also the hero3 uses the miniSD card while the hero2 uses the larger SD card. Also there are plastic covers on the hero3 that the hero2 does not have and thus small parts that are easily lost. I just prefer the packaging of the hero2 as well. Just my preference. When they work they are good cameras. As for the blur issue with the prop there are filters available for about $10 that will effective change the camera settings that will do the same thing as the Nflight. Problem is at naturally low light conditions the picture will suffer, but in normal day light no difference is noted.

Back