Cobalt Valkyrie

* Twin wheels on the nose. Again, why? Yes, canard designs rest a bit more weight on the nose. But what did that extra weight and complexity gain you in such a small aircraft?
Say what?

If there were more weight on the nose gear, why do Long-EZ's have to retract their nose gear when parked so they don't tip back when nobody is in them? And I could lift the nose of my Velocity with one hand. I could never do that on my 182RG.

Here is the newest video I found:
Skybound Thrills for Fearless Pilots!
Really? This adrenaline-based marketing pitch seems reckless, and reminds me of the old adage, "There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." A bit of an overstatement as I do not equate "bold" with "reckless", but the point is valid.

Want thrills? Go aerobatic. But I'm pretty sure aerobatic pilots are not "fearless," which speaks to their safety record.

I don't fly for the adrenaline or thrills. Am I being hypersensitive?

Really? This adrenaline-based marketing pitch seems reckless, and reminds me of the old adage, "There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." A bit of an overstatement as I do not equate "bold" with "reckless", but the point is valid.

Want thrills? Go aerobatic. But I'm pretty sure aerobatic pilots are not "fearless," which speaks to their safety record.

You don't get a rush/thrill from flying? Have you checked your pulse?

In their defense, the footage does not seem very thrilling.

I fly Acro several days a week. I'm always a bit scared when I start. Same when I used to rock climb, backcountry ski, or parachute. But if I'm being honest with myself, that is probably why I do it. The sense of satisfaction from mastering a dangerous task is immense. I'm not an IFR pilot, but I would imagine the feeling is similar after flying an approach to minimums in hard IFR.

Went out of business, got bought up by someone else, Centauri, I think. Allegedly they have actually sold some number of aircraft.

You don't get a rush/thrill from flying? Have you checked your pulse?
:)
My pulse is fine. Perhaps lower than normal (Pilates and cardio). Most of my flying is to relax. To step away from my life for a few hours and leave it all behind. I am not adrenaline seeking. Been there, done that, and somehow survived.

Back