Coast Guard Top 10 Rescues of 2007

cool - although when it got to number 10, 150 miles south of galveston, it went back to the beginning and I didn't get to see the last one! :eek:

cool - although when it got to number 10, 150 miles south of galveston, it went back to the beginning and I didn't get to see the last one! :eek:

Yeah, for me too! I thought most of them looked like pretty standard rescues... the one that got my attention was the Lopez Island one, with the sailboat stuck up against the rocky cliff, being pounded by waves. YIKES!

I'm not sure it would be an easy job to rate the top 10 rescues (2007 or ever). If you go onto youtube (yes, Coast Guard is HIP!), search for "Coast Guard top rescues". There are some great videos.

**** the coasties. I detest some kid from IA telling me how to operate on the waters I've spent my whole life on. I know some who have been rescued by the CG but I know many more who've saved them selves when it comes to that.

I respect the guys for putting themselves out there but they are an enforcement agency and as we all understand, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BTW: the CG told me they would not come 750 nm from Hono in response to me being fired upon by a Jap long liner with 105 mm mounted on the foredeck. But they did send the same damn crew to board us 11 times within 3 months.... Those plus other stories...**** them.

If you aren't prepared to save yourself, you aren't prepared.

Back