co-ownership analysis

odachoo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Odachoo
Hi friends,
Does anyone of you have an excel model for co-ownership analysis?
I saw one long time ago that was based on fix/operation costs, # of owners and other factors. I can't find it now, I hope you can share one with me here.

Thanks,
Odachoo

Do you have your deal framed up? A canned model won't help much until you know how your cost-sharing will be implemented.

Hi friends,
I saw one long time ago that was based on fix/operation costs, # of owners and other factors. I can't find it now, I hope you can share one with me here.

Thanks,
Odachoo

Hi friends,

Thanks,
Odachoo
It's simple enough that a "model" spreadsheet would be a waste of time. The toughest part is figuring out how to separate fixed from hourly operational costs but once you've got that just divide the fixed costs by the number of partners and charge each partner the operational rate for each hour.

Typically fixed costs include insurance, hangar, registration, debt retirement, DB subscriptions, the inspection portion of an annual plus any calendar based maintenance. Operational costs include unscheduled (e.g. starter replacement) and usage based maintenance (e.g. oil changes, vacuum pumps, batteries, tires, etc), and reserves for engine/prop overhaul. You can either estimate hourly maintenance or charge based on the previous year's expenses.

Hola. One of my best investments has been to co-own an airplane because I paid for the cost of a real time than I will fly in my Carrefour of PP. I paid 1/3 of the cost but I use the toy because my friends don't use it enoughf by the time that I fly my time the engine will finish his time (12 years) and I will not waist flytime. The way we divide the cost is based in the time that we use the airplane every 50 hours and some other cost such like annuals,or hangar are divided in base to the % of property that each one has

Back