CO Detector Question

Crispin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Crispin
Hey everyone,

Got a possibly silly question...

My airplane is getting work done and I am flying a loaner. I have an aviation CO detector in my plane but I forgot to switch it out into the plane I'm flying now.

The loaner has one of those quantum eye stickies on the panel that appears to be dark (I've never seen one that looks like this). It's probably old anyway and I heard they are unreliable.

In any case, I've got to make a trip later and given that this is not my airplane, I'd prefer to get some kind of more reliable detector to use in it while I'm flying it. I also don't have time to get another aviation detector in the next few hours, and frankly, I don't need two, since I've already got one in my own airplane.

Can anyone recommend something that I can get at Home Depot that might be decent to use in this plane for a few weeks--at least better than the quantum eye sticky thing--that I can also later use in my house?

I'd rather have something than nothing, especially since this is not my airplane and there is no 02 on board either.

Thanks!

It's spring / summer. Keep the windows and vents open :)

Yeah, I'm less concerned now that it's warm out and without 02 I won't be going high enough to need the cabin heat. But it gets chilly blasting the vents and I don't want to truck around with the window open--aside from the noise the limit is 132 KIAS...

I'm only concerned because the quantum eye sticky mounted in the plane is almost entirely black--I've never seen one in that state before. Makes me wonder what the deal is with this bird.

I'm not normally like this but I used to belong to a club whose motto was, "Anyone can fly a plane that works!" After being on the short end of some poorly maintained planes, I've grown cautious flying planes that aren't mine.

they turn black w/age. only good for 90 days

Back