Clubs in Northern VA?

Deelee

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Deelee
Hi everyone, I just created an account here a few days ago, but I have been browsing these forums for some time. I am a post-solo, almost-to-checkride student pilot and I am starting to look into what I am going to do post-private. I am currently renting and that is working out quite well. But I am curious if there are any clubs that are accepting new members? I am based at HEF (Manassas), so something there would be great. I don't mind renting from my current FBO, but I am exploring options for getting in the air after I pass my checkride. I'm not ready to own (I don't think...) and the prospect of a club or joint ownerships is appealing. I'd like to be able to take my family on some overnight (or multi-day) trips every once in a while and renting seems very expensive in these situations.

There is very little information online about flying clubs in this area, so I figured I'd post here to see if anyone on these forums knows of any.
Thanks!

Thank you! Leesburg is about as far as Manassas for me. It seems like joining a club is a really good way to go.

In general, how does it work with scheduling a weekend? Let's say I want to take my family (wife and daughter) to the mountains or maybe over to the beach for a multi-day trip?

Each member is limited to two concurrent reservations, but assuming the plane is available, you'd just reserve it for the weekend and go.

Each member is limited to two concurrent reservations, but assuming the plane is available, you'd just reserve it for the weekend and go.

I see in your link there were 14 members. Is there still 14, and is there a cap on how many you will accept?

We currently have 10 members of a possible 17.

Sounds like a good option. I am currently working on my IFR cert at KJYO. I might come talk to you when I get to 200hrs.

Back