CLT right now

Rushie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Rushie
This is where hubby is right now. Look at all those stacked holding patterns.CLT2.JPG

we just had some nasty t-storms roll on thru. heavy rain, constant lightening/thunder. I had to go get my rain bucket and put it in the spot that flows over the gutters in a real heavy rain. it was fun! they're pushing thru though.

Look at all the pretty colors!

Wasn’t too terrible here. A good shower but just a moderate amount of thunder and lightning.

Yeah, I landed CLT (on an AA Airbus) about 3:30. It was a rough approach coming in but the skies didn't really open up until we were on the road home.

He texted that the ramp crews are starting to work again and his inbound has landed. It's sorting out now. Fun. Hope it doesn't start up again and he has to sit for two hours on the plane at the gate because of ongoing lightning strikes like I did that time.

Between this and the ridiculous POTUS TFRs, American can’t get a break. Lot of unhappy travelers....

I call that the (Monty Python) “Run away! Run away!” maneuver.

If he plows on in, it’s the “Leeeeeeeeeroy Jennnnnnnkins!” maneuver.

Are/were you a WoW player or is that meme mainstream enough now everybody knows it?

I don’t know anything about wow or Leroy whoever. Can’t be too universal or maybe I’m just too old.

Good article, learned more about Leeroy than I ever knew. I played a long time too, finally lost interest.

The first time I saw an aviation cross over of Leroy was for Hurricane Matthew and one of the Hurricane Hunter aircraft, and it’s radar track from FlightAware.

fb86757cb98ff536a2340b5697656836.jpeg

Thus, all similar radar tracks and maneuvers became the “Leroy Jenkins maneuver! :) To me anyway. Haha.

Don't expect to be up and running anytime soon. CLT SUCKS at recovering especially on the regional side. My last place even cancelled an entire day because of the threat of storms last spring.

Don't expect to be up and running anytime soon. CLT SUCKS at recovering especially on the regional side. My last place even cancelled an entire day because of the threat of storms last spring.

The OP was 23 hours ago. Does it usually take over a day to recover? :)

So today, my sister connected in CLT and she sat in her plane on the taxiway for like an hour before takeoff because she said there was a "plane stuck on one of the runways and they can't get it off and now everybody has to use the other runway." Anybody know what happened?

So today, my sister connected in CLT and she sat in her plane on the taxiway for like an hour before takeoff because she said there was a "plane stuck on one of the runways and they can't get it off and now everybody has to use the other runway." Anybody know what happened?
I didn't hear anything.

Back