Clow - whats going on?

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
A couple former students of mine are taking the Cherokee 180 for the weekend. Originally were going to go to Kalamzoo but now have decided that Clow is their destination, home of Grant and Leslie (right?) Nick is wondering what interesting things there are to do in the area. I dont think that they are adverse to taking a day trip around the area to an area airport.

they'll be in a Cherokee 180, N9179J if you happen to see it on the ramp.

A couple former students of mine are taking the Cherokee 180 for the weekend. Originally were going to go to Kalamzoo but now have decided that Clow is their destination, home of Grant and Leslie (right?) Nick is wondering what interesting things there are to do in the area. I dont think that they are adverse to taking a day trip around the area to an area airport.

they'll be in a Cherokee 180, N9179J if you happen to see it on the ramp.

There's a museum there. make sure it's open. http://www.clowairport.com/

Clow is right in the middle of suburban shopping-o-mania. You can walk to Home Depot or Best Buy or you name it.

Hey, great timing! Yes, that's our home airport.
1) the runway is being resealed. It should be done tomorrow.
2) we just got a courtesy car! It's no Jag, but it's not run-out, either
3) We're having the unveiling of the restored T-33 at the Illinois Aviation Museum Saturday at 10:00 AM. http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/bolingbrook/homepage/x751576232

Feel free to have them call me and if I'm in the area I can meet up with them. You have my cell #.

Hey, great timing! Yes, that's our home airport.
1) the runway is being resealed. It should be done tomorrow.
2) we just got a courtesy car! It's no Jag, but it's not run-out, either
3) We're having the unveiling of the restored T-33 at the Illinois Aviation Museum Saturday at 10:00 AM. http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/bolingbrook/homepage/x751576232

Feel free to have them call me and if I'm in the area I can meet up with them. You have my cell #.

actually...no PM me?

Grant is the airport open to general traffic on Saturday? I have will be dropping off crew in the afternoon at KLOT and could stop by to visit.

Airport should be open on Saturday - the museum's at the north end of the airport, the unveiling shouldn't halt traffic.

Leslie

Do you know how long the unveiling is supposed to last? I might have to stop off there on an hour of dual...

Most of what I know about the unveiling is in the article linked above. If you're interested, you could call the museum and ask them. Their number is 630-854-5506

I forgot my cell phone at home Saturday, but it doesn't look like I missed any calls.

The runway has been resealed, and the numbers and striping should be done Thursday after it's had a chance to cure. A friend said that the new surface has a lot more "grab" to it. Good for landings and maintaining control, but the increased friction may extend takeoff rolls a little.

I forgot my cell phone at home Saturday, but it doesn't look like I missed any calls.

The runway has been resealed, and the numbers and striping should be done Thursday after it's had a chance to cure. A friend said that the new surface has a lot more "grab" to it. Good for landings and maintaining control, but the increased friction may extend takeoff rolls a little.
I flew over the airport and the numbers were lined out on Saturday afternoon. They were easily visible from about a mile away and at 2500'MSL

Nick and Mike had a good weekend, ended up leaving Clow Sat. night. said it was awfully windy during the day.

Back