Cloud Nine Stretcher Fundraiser

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Last year I posted a GoFundMe for buying a core engine for Cloud Nine's 414. The response on PoA was incredibly generous.

When Cloud Nine upgraded from the 310 to the 414, one of the reasons was because I wanted to get a stretcher and start flying people who didn't qualify for traditional Angel Flights or the like because they needed a stretcher, but didn't need the full care of an air ambulance. My flight instructor did these sorts of flights in his Navajo (he had a stretcher for it) and it's something that always stuck with me as something I wanted to do. People with these needs are often underserved by other organizations since it requires quite a lot of capability to do these sorts of flights both in terms of aircraft size and also having the physical stretcher. That's always been my goal with Cloud Nine - serve the areas that are underserved.

Well, close to 1 year since we took delivery of the 414, I found a lead on a great deal on a used stretcher that was pulled from a 414 air ambulance. It's exactly what we need to start doing this, but we need to raise the $2,750 for the purchase cost. We're already more than 10% of the way there. More details on the Cloud Nine Faceobok page:

https://www.facebook.com/cloudniner...type=3&notif_t=like&notif_id=1490672943208058

Lookin at the photo, what functions does the control panel control?

If it's anything like a lifeport, it's be o2 (from a tank under the stretcher), suction and some AC outlets.

What James said. Those functions aren't necessary for what I'm thinking, but don't hurt to have.

Thanks to PoAers, we're at 20% of the goal! :)

Done. Say, have you considered an airplane raffle as a fundraiser? :)

What sized tank did you get with it?

Let me know if you need any info on o2 planning.

What sized tank did you get with it?

Let me know if you need any info on o2 planning.

The O2 tank on it is huge. Not sure exact size, but it's the full length of the stretcher and probably 9-12" diameter. I think it accounts for most of the weight of the stretcher.

Honestly I'm debating if I want to leave it on the stretcher or remove it. Aside from the significant weight factor (which will make getting the stretcher in and out harder) the intent isn't to transport people in a condition who would need oxygen for a flight. So I need to give it some more thought.

The O2 tank on it is huge. Not sure exact size, but it's the full length of the stretcher and probably 9-12" diameter. I think it accounts for most of the weight of the stretcher.

Honestly I'm debating if I want to leave it on the stretcher or remove it. Aside from the significant weight factor (which will make getting the stretcher in and out harder) the intent isn't to transport people in a condition who would need oxygen for a flight. So I need to give it some more thought.

There are some folks who will be quite stable but still need o2, stripping o2 off that sled does really take away one of the most important features of it, just food for thought

There are some folks who will be quite stable but still need o2, stripping o2 off that sled does really take away one of the most important features of it, just food for thought

True. I'll probably leave it to start and then just let the mission realities dictate what I do with it. I wouldn't sell the tank if I removed it, just keep it in the hangar.

Back