Closest Thing for me to being a profession Pilot

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
I just started with this company. I have a nice office overlooking the AZ valley towards the SouthEast on the top 17th floor.

So I day dream looking out of the window pretending I'm flying a airliner. :yes:

I always wanted to be a professional pilot right out of High School. Parents discourage me and "Said flight School is too expensive" and influence me to join the military. To this day I still hear those words utter to me. No regrets as I have a good IT career. The military got me started in IT

Anyway here are some Pictures of the office view I have. I'm slowly making it Aviation themed without going over board.

Attachments

• picture 2.JPG
    picture 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
  • Picture One.jpg
    Picture One.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 106
My wife got me this picture to hang in my office. I'm not sure what to make of it or what my wife was trying to say. I fly in near perfect weather all the time so it doesn't really apply to me.

Also Not sure if management would appreciate it much.

Attachments

• picture 3.jpg
    picture 3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 111
Your parents were right.

And you're spoiled with that office.

My office has a nice view as well. Only it is constantly changing and takes me to places I used to only dream about. ;)

Nice view!

I have a nice view as well, but it does come with some sacrifice.

I just started with this company. I have a nice office overlooking the AZ valley towards the SouthEast on the top 17th floor.

So I day dream looking out of the window pretending I'm flying a airliner. :yes:

I always wanted to be a professional pilot right out of High School. Parents discourage me and "Said flight School is too expensive" and influence me to join the military. To this day I still hear those words utter to me. No regrets as I have a good IT career. The military got me started in IT

Anyway here are some Pictures of the office view I have. I'm slowly making it Aviation themed without going over board.
Nice view! You seriously need to put an instrument panel cardboard cutout in front of that window.

I work in an IT dungeon, no windows at all. You're office rocks!

Your cable management however leaves a lot to be desired. :)

You have to guess the cross streets. They remodeled that building and it's very nice. BOA moved out of there.

Southern and Alma School. I was a kid in Tempe when that building was built.

Does it still have the neon outline lighting at night?

Southern and Alma School. I was a kid in Tempe when that building was built.

Does it still have the neon outline lighting at night?

They did away with the blue neon many moons ago. I been on the roof and you can see where they neon lights were held on by silicon glue. The building was completed in 1986. I saw it being built. I was in high school at the time.

They did away with the blue neon many moons ago. I been on the roof and you can see where they neon lights were held on by silicon glue. The building was completed in 1986. I saw it being built. I was in high school at the time.

Where did you go to high school?

I graduated from Corona del Sol in 91.

Never say never. I started flying airliners this year at age 58 after years in law and IT consulting for lawyers.

My guess is quite a few nights of, "holy crap what have I done!"

Wonder if the triple digit pay checks are much of a factor or just twisting the knife...

Back