Clipped Cub Acro

Very nice. So how short are those wings? About the same as a short wing Piper like a Pacer?

Now that is FLYING.

Wifferdill said "It's sure no Pitts. :)"

Yeeaa;

And getting this dose of Vitamin G cost you what fuel wise???

Or is that what you meant by "it sure no Pitts"?

Great video (as always).

Chris

Last edited:
Man you are good.
I was impressed with the power off 180.

Nice. I liked the head-mounted POV... it's just not the same when the camera is fixed, especially with aerobatics.

I got to fly in this cub for an hour or so on Saturday!

Loads of fun. I didn't have any trouble getting used to the stick.. within a few minutes I was comfortable flying it around. Ground handling is another story.

I didn't get 200 feet from the hangar before fumbling with the heel brakes and I grabbed the wrong combination of rudder/brake, unlocked the tailwheel steering and did a quick, and completely accidental 180. Whoops

Takeoffs were no problem but landing was another story! Eric (whifferdill) did a great job giving me instruction and keeping us on the runway. We only had time for a few attempts. I bounced pretty good on the first landing (pushed the stick forward a bit after the bounce) but after that I was able to at least control my bounces if they happened and get it down on 3 points.

Rollout for me was a struggle as there was a light crosswind, I had to fight the urge to use the brakes to slow down and I never really got used to the visibility from the front seat with our relatively wide runway. As soon as the centerline went out of sight I was basically lost! (and swerving)

It was my first experience with a cub/taildragger and I had a ball. It was super easy to fly and a lot of fun, but it kicked my butt on the ground. Can't wait to fly one again.

Last edited:
You handled the Cub really well for first time in a plane like this! You'd get a TW endorsement pretty quick...and remember we could use one more person in the 'Cub club'. :)

Back