For Sale: Club Membership Clearwater Fl Mooney Club

Airplane guy 28

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Arrow lover
Forming an equity club in a Mooney F,G or J -8 pilots

5k buy in. 200 a month fixed and 100 an hour wet is the target.

Feel free to reply or message me here to discuss.

Thanks,

Do you get the 5k back 1) if you leave the club 2) if the plane is sold 3) if the plane is crashed?

$100 hr sounds good. $200 month sounds high.

U won’t get a J for 40 grand and any F or G will be bottom of the barrel, if one even exists (I’m not up in G prices). You might be able to scrape up an older F with the worst avionics for 40, maybe.

Do you get the 5k back 1) if you leave the club 2) if the plane is sold 3) if the plane is crashed?

$100 hr sounds good. $200 month sounds high.

Yes. The 5k would represent your share of equity. Part of that 200 is the note on the plane. Also, at three hours of flight( tach not Hobbs) time you’ve spent 500 for the month including the monthly.

The other local complex option of flying the flight schools’s arrow will cost you 180 an hour Hobbs. So that same 3 hours is 540. The break even is under three hours a month vs renting. And you’re doing it in your Mooney not the school’s arrow that commercial students have been beating up for years.

U won’t get a J for 40 grand and any F or G will be bottom of the barrel, if one even exists (I’m not up in G prices). You might be able to scrape up an older F with the worst avionics for 40, maybe.
Agreed. The plan is to finance part of the purchase. It allows us to get a better plane, have a maintenance fund from the start, and keep the buy in low enough that people don’t have to have 10 and 15k laying around to join.

Those details help paint the picture much better. :)

Does the members equity share remain at $5k?

Those details help paint the picture much better. :)

Does the members equity share remain at $5k?
The plane will be owned by an LLC and members will be equal shareholders. So as the value of the plane increases and the balance owed is paid down, the share’s value could change.

If you wanted a C model, I'd sell you mine and join the club. :D

Where will it be based from KCLW, KPIE?

If you wanted a C model, I'd sell you mine and join the club. :D

Where will it be based from KCLW, KPIE?
KCLW. On the list for a hangar already. Tied down until then.
The backseat of the C is honking to be too small for us I think.

KCLW. On the list for a hangar already. Tied down until then.
The backseat of the C is honking to be too small for us I think.
How does "going" get autocorrected to "honking"? lol

It's one of my few complaints with the plane. I've learned to live with it though.

At $200 a member a month there is sufficient funds for hangar, insurance and financing to get into a nice plane.

Hello POA People... We’re now past halfway with 5 of 8 members and a 1969 M20 F under contract. Pre-buy is scheduled for early next week.
Still have open spots. Costs haven’t changed other than we’re doing a dry rate now. 5k buy in. $200 a month fixed. $50 an hour dry, tach...

Hello POA People... We’re now past halfway with 5 of 8 members and a 1969 M20 F under contract. Pre-buy is scheduled for early next week.
Still have open spots. Costs haven’t changed other than we’re doing a dry rate now. 5k buy in. $200 a month fixed. $50 an hour dry, tach...

Two year BUMP:

How are things going with your club? I see the buy-in is now $7500.

Overhaul and covid era delays Have downed her for a while. In the home stretch on the maintenance and should be back up this month.Installed a CGR 30 combo engine monitor and pulled all the old engine instruments and now has a 0 SMOH engine. That’s the reason for the increased buy in. There is a member looking to sell his share if you hear anyone interested.

Back