Line Up and Wait
Bush Alaska, Colorado Rockies & Valley of the Sun
Display Name

Display name:
SToL
the Endless Runway

the-endless-runway---01a_660.jpg

Last edited:
The airplanes are going the wrong way, should takeoff counter clockwise to offset p-factor and tq.

The airplanes are going the wrong way, should takeoff counter clockwise to offset p-factor and tq.

But then you would be using left rudder to maintain centerline. I would think that would be an issue at rotation. Also would only apply to those of us flying single engine.

I think they should make revolving runways. That way the airport could always be oriented into the wind. I think Henning designed and built a revolving hangar floor once. This would just be a slightly larger scale.

But then you would be using left rudder to maintain centerline. I would think that would be an issue at rotation. Also would only apply to those of us flying single engine.
Are you flying an airplane that turns backwards? IDK about your plane but if I power up and leave my feet flat on the floor it wants to go left on its own.

Are you flying an airplane that turns backwards? IDK about your plane but if I power up and leave my feet flat on the floor it wants to go left on its own.

Good point. I would just be more concerned about rotating with left rudder. Clockwise and you are already on the right rudder.

I think they should make revolving runways. That way the airport could always be oriented into the wind. I think Henning designed and built a revolving hangar floor once. This would just be a slightly larger scale.

The Navy already has those.

I have been to some landing strips that were not straight. One had a 45 degree turn in it, but there was at least a beginning and an end. On this circle, how would one determine which part to land on? Maybe big different colored dots?

Back