Cleared thru Class Bravo!

You're right. I'd bet most 747 Captains wouldn't duck under Class B airspace in order to cut the line and save a few minutes.

You're pretty good at dodging the point. I say (twice) I always default to the FOs comfort zone and stay IFR if they are not comfortable and you ask why I 'pressure my FOs'. I say most 747 PICs wouldn't be comfortable flying VFR and you turn it into 'cutting line' and flying the actual 747 under a shelf. It was clear I've been talking about pilots here and not a Boeing aircraft.

I'm above this. I will not argue nonsense. I'm calm and understand different people have different backgrounds. I'm sorry yours and mine are so far apart we are unable to have a conversation based in logic. I wish you the best.

Last edited:
Lol, okay, I'm finished with this. I thought you were someone with whom I could have a logical conversation where words had meaning and there might be points and counter points. But it's just turned into drivel. .

Lol, okay, I'm finished with this. I thought you were someone with whom I could have a logical conversation where words had meaning and there might be points and counter points. But it's just turned into drivel. .
So I guess you don't have proof of your main point in this thread, that most 121 pilots are afraid of VFR.

Nope...just my life experience. Guess you win. Good night.

Didn't someone already mention what assuming does?

If Everskyward seemed anything other than relaxed in an aircraft I'd be surprised. She was just fine flying my "little" airplane cross-country and then three landings (with flight in the pattern between landings. :wink2:).

If you're arguing with Everskyward then it's all pretty much on you. Figure that statement to be true better than 99% of the time.

She has flown with MANY of us. She is one of only two CAPTAINS who sat right seat and trust me I'm shocked (I had less than 20 hours past checkride with both captains, one male and one female, one jet and not sure if the other is multi / turbo prop and jet or both)..... at how RELAXED both were. I believe both have CFI ratings and whether they realize it or not I learned a lot from them.

That day I spoke about with her we went here:

6923451808_cc1fd3aa45.jpg

The other regional airline captain (a guy) - gasp - flew with me at night low over the ocean cuz we couldn't get cleared of the Bravo on our flight to Half Moon:

6320137957_4b906e6fb9.jpg

I was never under the impression either captain was out of their comfort zone. I think they like VFR!

This is how close I got to one. The ATC guy told me to climb 500 feet, when I was in the bravo, from 3500 to 4000. Then he told the heavy to report me in sight and remain at 3500 or below. Then he told ME he was restricting a heavy below me (I think to make it clear how important it was I hold my altitude, since I'd said something dumb before this incident).

Here is that jet (there was another one, above me, but not as close):

6626568827_49ae011391_z.jpg

Wow - that's a great picture. Sad to see the current state of this beauty...

And sorry for gravedigging - when i saw the registration, I had to comment.

Back