Cleared into the Bravo...without asking!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - I had an amazing flight today, I flew up to Fort Collins (where I'm at right now). Very turbulent, and I learned a few things about nature calls while flying...different story, different thread :D

Weirdest thing tho: I was handed off from Colorado Springs Approach to Denver Approach today. My callup was:

"Denver Approach, Cherokee 8816J, level 9500"

The response:

"Cherokee 8816J, you are cleared to operate in the Class Bravo at 9500 feet, heading 330."

That was awesome, after being warned that I would not get a clearance if asked, I was given a clearance without asking! Certainly saved me some time.

Yes that is nice. Ive had the same experience with Kansas City. VFR in a Lance and the first thing Approach tells me is cleared into the Bravo. First thing Tower tells me is cleared to land. Easier to get in and out of than a Class D airport.

SkyHog said:
Ok - I had an amazing flight today, I flew up to Fort Collins (where I'm at right now). Very turbulent, and I learned a few things about nature calls while flying...different story, different thread :D

Weirdest thing tho: I was handed off from Colorado Springs Approach to Denver Approach today. My callup was:

"Denver Approach, Cherokee 8816J, level 9500"

The response:

"Cherokee 8816J, you are cleared to operate in the Class Bravo at 9500 feet, heading 330."

That was awesome, after being warned that I would not get a clearance if asked, I was given a clearance without asking! Certainly saved me some time.
Awesome! See! Controllers really are nice people ;).

Jason

P.S. Ignore my avatar. :p It's actually pretty ironic since my avatar is 100% opposite of what I think of controllers. It helps to know many of them as well. Being able to e-mail them questions that you can learn from is pretty cool and is a GREAT way to de-brief a hectic, ATC-filled flight from.

Back