Clearance delivery wiki???

miker

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
miker
A while ago, either here or on the red board (I think it was here), someone posted a link to a wiki page that provided hints and tricks in obtaining clearances on the ground at airports. I can't seem to find anything about it and I never bookmarked the page. Anyone know what the link is?

While you're there, see if you can add a few airports. In my part of the country the vast majority have no entry. Could be a very useful site if people add the info.
Jon

okay...

let me show my ignorance...

what does wiki stand for?

okay...

let me show my ignorance...

It is short for a Wikipedia or collection of user editable web pages that quickly provide information. I'll give you a wiki link that describes what a wiki is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

This is from the big wiki that most people know of. But there are specialized wikis such as the clearance wiki discussed above.

Check out www.wikipedia.com, which was the first wiki-encyclopedia. Wikipedia is unusual in that every article in it is written by a user of wikipedia, not by a centralized author or author staff. Also, everyone has the ability to go edit the articles to change or update them. So it is a user-generated, user corrected encyclopedia. Wiki has become a generic name for this process.

-Skip

(I think. Someone wiki this information if I am wrong....) :D

I guess I should have clarified...

I know what wiki has come to represent...I just wondered what it meant...literally.

It's a shuttle bus at the Honolulu airport!

I learned something today.

I figured it was an acronynm for something.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

It's not really a wiki, despite its name and look.

You cannot edit the pages despite noticing an update notice dated Nov 2008 that was posted in Nov 2007 or noticing a link to a page on Mexico clearances less than an inch from the statement that Mexico will soon be included.

They have a statement that the back end has been rewritten to reduce their liability.

It's not really a wiki, despite its name and look.

You cannot edit the pages despite noticing an update notice dated Nov 2008 that was posted in Nov 2007 or noticing a link to a page on Mexico clearances less than an inch from the statement that Mexico will soon be included.

They have a statement that the back end has been rewritten to reduce their liability.
I am able to edit information. In fact two of the entries are from me on that page.

Can you not see the 'edit' link on the far right of the page once on an airport page?

Back