Clearance Delivery question

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
If after doing your research, you filed a flight plan for a longer distance flight with a DP, various twists/turns, and all sorts of waypoints.

You become one of the fortunate few who's stars are aligned and you actually are granted a clearance exactly as you filed with all of the twists, turns, and waypoints.

Does Clearance Delivery just report "as filed", or are they going to read off all components that make u your route?

As filed. Unless they make a change or you ask. I hate the words "full route clearance, advise ready to copy"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As filed unless you are filing IFR VFR then they will read the location of the transition.

There are still some things they have to read you regardless, but if they want you to fly the route you filed, the route portion will be "as filed," e.g., "Tiger 22RL is cleared to FRG as filed, maintain 3000, expect 7000 ten minutes after departure, departure control 127.95, squawk 1140." Some of that may be omitted if they give you a vector SID like the Pittsburgh NINE:
http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1308/00570PITTSBURGH.PDF
http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1308/00570PITTSBURGH_C.PDF
...where a lot of the details are in the SID and may be based on what you filed, but then it will be something like "Tiger 22RL is cleared to Salisbury via the Pittsburgh NINE, Johnstown, as filed, squawk 1130."

Flying out of the northeast I rarely ever get a route clearance simply stated as "as filed." Going south to RIC or RDU, for example, I always file the same clearance and always get the clearance I've filed. Yet they'll always give my route as "runway heading, radar vectors MXE, then as filed" despite the fact that I filed "MXE V29 DQO..." I also frequently get reroutes that are exactly the same as my current clearance. Out west and further south is a different story, though.

Flying out of the northeast I rarely ever get a route clearance simply stated as "as filed." Going south to RIC or RDU, for example, I always file the same clearance and always get the clearance I've filed. Yet they'll always give my route as "runway heading, radar vectors MXE, then as filed" despite the fact that I filed "MXE V29 DQO..." I also frequently get reroutes that are exactly the same as my current clearance. Out west and further south is a different story, though.
"Runway heading for vectors to MXE then as filed" is not the same as what you filed ([direct] MXE V29 DQO). If they said "cleared as filed," you'd be turning direct to MXE on your own nav as soon as you reached 400 above the departure end of the runway (or as stated in any ODP for your departure airport) -- see AIM section 5-2-8 for a full explanation of IFR departure procedures. The clearance they gave you means you cannot turn until they tell you, and then only in the direction they tell you.

On my beach runs I file KILG ENO ATR KOXB. I would say 90% of the time I'll get the typical CRAFT info as Ron stated with "Runway heading for vectors to ENO then as filed". On occasion they change things around and route me ENO SBY KOXB and Patuxent approach turns me direct anyway.

Back